£49 m pp’s & still in league 1

Taylor put on Twitter that he wanted to sign but wanted a goal bonus, which we were unwilling to offer. Maybe understandable at the time, but frustrating as fuck in hindsight. You're right that he would have 100% have made all the difference.
a goal bonus !!! the shitester on more money even now than all of us and he wants more money every time he scores ... He's getting good money to do his job which is correct me if I'm wrong is to score goals .....greedy tosser

Last edited:
Having watched play off games tonight, if the owners hadn’t of spent most of the £49m odd parachute payments we received in last two years on buying the club, we would have walked this league surely ?

I genuinely forgot about the play offs, just seen the results, some game at Fleetwood. Pleased they got f***ing battered like.

Maybe it was more about how you treat people, like for example not paying for a hotel as we all heard at the time.
Plus never heard of many footballers that have turned more down more money, if our recruitment team, thought he was the one, which he’s clearly shown looking back he is, then back your judgment and pay him that bit extra.
It would be money very well spent now, but everything’s short term thinking at our club imo.
I agree. You compare it to stories of Denis Smith meeting Kevin Ball at the train station and then spending the entire day showing him round the city and telling him how he was going to build a team around him.

If a player has a good feeling and feels truly wanted, they will sign. I'm sure Donald and Methvens arrogance of "the piss taking party ends now", probably didn't go down too well with some people.

I was thinking exactly that last night watching the Fleetwood game... ffs, how are these clubs going for promotion on a shoe string?
Fleetwood have one of the biggest budgets in the league.
Fleetwood spent £135k on Evans which is their record transfer fee !
That’s the only player they paid a fee for.
I’ve no idea if they were paying bigger wages than us but if that’s true it’s a shameful reflection of where we are now.
Barton is a buffoon but he’s spot on when he says Fleetwood shouldn’t be able to compete with a club of our size let alone finish above us in the league.

Fleetwood spent £135k on Evans which is their record transfer fee !
That’s the only player they paid a fee for.
I’ve no idea if they were paying bigger wages than us but if that’s true it’s a shameful reflection of where we are now.
Barton is a buffoon but he’s spot on when he says Fleetwood shouldn’t be able to compete with a club of our size let alone finish above us in the league.
How much was Wyke? how much was Grigg? the signing on fee for Burge will have been big , same with Bailey Wright

Couldn’t even get Lyle Taylor over the line and he was on a free. Him in Maja together last year and we would’ve walked the league. Didn’t. Didn’t need the parachute money to go up last year, just needed to offer Taylor a little bit more on wages.
To be fair Lyle Taylor was playing us and buying time when he came up here to look around. But take your point a decent strike partner for Maja would have had us promoted.
Fleetwood have one of the biggest budgets in the league.
You sure?

Last edited:
Say it again there was £49m in Parachute Payments to be had when these clueless idiots took over two years ago, £49m and some people still want to defend them man , just watched a game and 1/2 of the 2nd legs of the Play Offs the football is embarrassing, we should have walked this league if there was any leadership at all # Get gone Donald you are a total loser

Couldn’t even get Lyle Taylor over the line and he was on a free. Him in Maja together last year and we would’ve walked the league. Didn’t. Didn’t need the parachute money to go up last year, just needed to offer Taylor a little bit more on wages.
Didn’t Stewy always refuse to pay for his hotel while staying at the Hilton?

Got to say the very idea of a striker receiving a goal 'bonus' is laughable horse shit. That said, the club should have stood the lad a hotel bill while he was up here.

Whilst I agree that's the way the sport is, when Donald came in I think he said he wouldn't pay any bonuses?

Back