£49 m pp’s & still in league 1

Most teams that “walk” a league have a prolific gosl scorer or even two.
Unfortunately for whatever reason you had one and lost him at a crucial time.
It’s simple and obvious for an outsider to see.
STID was becoming a Maja show at the start apart from David Brent with his flip charts and irritating voice. Gambled on Grigg and sadly it didn’t pay off.
We both need to have something in place for the up and coming season.
On paper we really should have walked it in the first season..

Spot on. Ffs a 30,000 club and most struggle to get 5,000.
I feel your frustration.

Last edited:
Couldn’t even get Lyle Taylor over the line and he was on a free. Him in Maja together last year and we would’ve walked the league. Didn’t. Didn’t need the parachute money to go up last year, just needed to offer Taylor a little bit more on wages.
For the last time Lyle Taylor did not want to come here. Openly stated he wanted to move to a London club.

Maybe it was more about how you treat people, like for example not paying for a hotel as we all heard at the time.
Plus never heard of many footballers that have turned more down more money, if our recruitment team, thought he was the one, which he’s clearly shown looking back he is, then back your judgment and pay him that bit extra.
It would be money very well spent now, but everything’s short term thinking at our club imo.
Fuck me we could have offered him 4 million a year and not bothered signing grigg
For the last time Lyle Taylor did not want to come here. Openly stated he wanted to move to a London club.
Might have changed his mind for an extra 2 grand a week, i would never live or work in London but if I was offered a pay rise of that kind of money then maybe I could be swayed

Last edited:
Jack Ross was out of his depth. When we lost maja who was pulling us out the shit by nicking us wins, it showed massively. Of course the owners need to take responsibility as they set the budget but it was still biggest in the league allegedly !
Charlie Wyke 1 million
Grigg 3 million
Jack baldwin 750k
Mcgeouch shite
C.mclaughlin shite
Celtic winger poor
Sinclair shite
Sterling poor

All bad decisions imo manager must have had final say apart from grigg who was a panic buy for 3 million last minute.

Need a full clear out of owners, recruitment and academy coaches. Place is stale .

Having watched play off games tonight, if the owners hadn’t of spent most of the £49m odd parachute payments we received in last two years on buying the club, we would have walked this league surely ?
I was thinking exactly that last night watching the Fleetwood game... ffs, how are these clubs going for promotion on a shoe string?

Jack Ross was out of his depth. When we lost maja who was pulling us out the shit by nicking us wins, it showed massively. Of course the owners need to take responsibility as they set the budget but it was still biggest in the league allegedly !
Charlie Wyke 1 million
Grigg 3 million
Jack baldwin 750k
Mcgeouch shite
C.mclaughlin shite
Celtic winger poor
Sinclair shite
Sterling poor

All bad decisions imo manager must have had final say apart from grigg who was a panic buy for 3 million last minute.

Need a full clear out of owners, recruitment and academy coaches. Place is stale .
Hang about....we paid money for Baldwin? Seriously? £750k? Naaaaaaaah. No way.

Has money really been the issue or how we spent it? Pretty sure we've spent more than all the others clubs since we have been in this league. Of course would could have blown millions more and done better but arguably we spent enough just employed the wrong people?
its giving people in the management structure the money to spend on players in the first place.,The recruitment team in identifying what they perceive to be a half decent player. The back ground of the player himself. Finally, what impression the player gives out to all of the recruitment team... Not mate of players ..

...and if a London club hadn’t come in for him presumably he would’ve looked around for a proper job and jacked the football lark in.
My thinking is that he knew who was courting him at the time mate.
Fuck me we could have offered him 4 million a year and not bothered signing grigg

Might have changed his mind for an extra 2 grand a week, i would never live or work in London but if I was offered a pay rise of that kind of money then maybe I could be swayed

Yes mate, it has it's compensations

Back