£400mn gets you Brentford..

Get out now before the ESL is born. TV money will take a hit I would think, after that gets legs.
Can sure see the reason for clubs selling their future to make it to the top.
Won't affect the Premier League. Will be played midweek and you qualify for it via your domestic league.

ESL will rocket EPL TV money as to the play offs to get into ESL will create millions for the 6 team play offs.

I

They've well and truly hit their ceiling like, there fans should enjoy this season and next as they'll slip back down sooner or later and maybe fall into being a yo-yo club.
Brentford were a yoyo club for the first 40 years of my life - yoyoing between divisions 3 and 4.
I know they spent a couple of years in the first division before WWII but, they were truly small fry until recently. They've been brilliantly run, but its West London location has been crucial. I know two families of Brentford season ticket holders - one family originally from Newcastle the other from Sunderland.

They've done well but it's galling to see the advantage that London clubs have for investors who want to waste their money: Brentford, Palace, Fulham - Luton and Watford recently too. Pretty much half the Premier League is now London.
Yet most trophy wins are in the North of England, particularly in more working class towns and cities.

fiasco? they didnt get related without him and are about to sell him for astronomical sums
So if it wasn’t a fiasco what was it? Not all fiascos result in relegation.
Yet most trophy wins are in the North of England, particularly in more working class towns and cities.
Start counting from when yer Carlos Kickaballs started turning up and it’s a bit closer. I for one certainly don’t want to be relying on oil money to keep the norffs flag flying high.

Last edited:

Back