£100m vision revealed today

Status
Not open for further replies.

For beginning a regeneration of our city? Bastards eh.
took them long enough. Fawcett Street, the main thoroughfare is a bomb site. Sunderland is one of the most depressed areas in the cuntry. Needs a clean sweep of politicians there with Labour out and UKIP in. youd sharp see a change then.

Sunderland is one of the most depressed areas in the cuntry.

Hence why little gets done. The council are doing a good job on what must be a relatively tiny budget.

The redevelopment of the Vaux site and the new town square is underway and it's looking class. I'm positive, we're actually seeing physical changes for the first time, it's not just models and cheap talk.

40 years too late IMO but then the cynic in me can't help but think there's an underlying reason for all these announcements as of late, you'd almost think there was an election coming or something. Still I look forward to seeing the scale models.

It is telling that for decades Sunderland Council had an enormous budget, did fuck all with it, then when the Tories cut the Councils budgets to the bone the Council then somehow find money?

I wonder if this is the money that the Council have been sitting on for the last 40-odd years, if it is then it shows that the Council indeed operated a deliberate managed decline policy of the City.

took them long enough. Fawcett Street, the main thoroughfare is a bomb site. Sunderland is one of the most depressed areas in the cuntry. Needs a clean sweep of politicians there with Labour out and UKIP in. youd sharp see a change then.

It needs change but I wouldn't go as far as having UKIP replace the Stalinists in the Council.

40 years too late IMO but then the cynic in me can't help but think there's an underlying reason for all these announcements as of late, you'd almost think there was an election coming or something. Still I look forward to seeing the scale models.

It is telling that for decades Sunderland Council had an enormous budget, did fuck all with it, then when the Tories cut the Councils budgets to the bone the Council then somehow find money?

I wonder if this is the money that the Council have been sitting on for the last 40-odd years, if it is then it shows that the Council indeed operated a deliberate managed decline policy of the City.

For starters this is private investment. And many of the other things are (like the square) are in part grant funded, so it's not a case of finding the money or having slush funds etc

But announced the day ater UKIP get some publicity in the city and just in time for the election. It'll never happen and will die a death once the election is over.

Despite the regeneration of Keel Square and the city centre, the regeneration of Roker sea front, the regeneration of Seaburn, the building of the new bridge at Pallion and others I'll have forgotten aye?

Get a f**king grip.

Carillon?

Oh dear. Massive consultancy fees. Shit quality builds in my experience.

They made an absolute killing on the Durham PFI jobs. Woeful standard of construction. Been at my current place 3 years and the new build is falling to bits after 2 years

Carillon?

Oh dear. Massive consultancy fees. Shit quality builds in my experience.

They made an absolute killing on the Durham PFI jobs. Woeful standard of construction. Been at my current place 3 years and the new build is falling to bits after 2 years

The bane of the economy at the minute, along with f***ing thinktanks.

But announced the day ater UKIP get some publicity in the city and just in time for the election. It'll never happen and will die a death once the election is over.

Ooooh what a shame, UKIP, the party that feasts upon opportunity no matter how shameful it is, receiving some of its own medicine (despite there being nothing shameful about this whatsoever). Poor UKIP.

The bane of the economy at the minute, along with f***ing thinktanks.

And booking fees on gig tickets :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back