£1 million a week for Haaland

How much is a Sunderland season ticket these days? About £400 or something? So £20 a match? That’s not ridiculous value when you think of how much a pint is, or a meal, or a trip to the cinema, or a concert
Dunno like sometimes we should be payed for watching some of the shite we’ve been served

How much is a Sunderland season ticket these days? About £400 or something? So £20 a match? That’s not ridiculous value when you think of how much a pint is, or a meal, or a trip to the cinema, or a concert
its not and I don’t begrudge anyone paying it, but at best I can get to 1 or 2 a season now. The days of just deciding on going and having change from a fiver are long gone

as for pints at bars, that ended in around 2004 for me. I howled at a quid a pint back in the late 80s so paying for the glorified water now, is way out of range

if people are happy to pay what the clubs demand, that’s no problem for me, it’s just I won’t be joining them.
messi and ronaldo get far more..and bale..
Tied in with image rights, merchandise deals and other assorted tax evasion methods

its not and I don’t begrudge anyone paying it, but at best I can get to 1 or 2 a season now. The days of just deciding on going and having change from a fiver are long gone

as for pints at bars, that ended in around 2004 for me. I howled at a quid a pint back in the late 80s so paying for the glorified water now, is way out of range

if people are happy to pay what the clubs demand, that’s no problem for me, it’s just I won’t be joining them.
That’s fair enough mate. But a fiver in the 80s is probably about £20 now (I’m sure someone can check this).

Where will it all end :eek:

With clubs spending money they don’t have to try and keep pace and ultimately moving towards financial ruin. The very biggest clubs will be fine, but these obscene salaries have a trickle down effect on the clubs on the rung of the ladder below. The more the top players can demand, the more the mediocre ones demand too. This is how the likes of Jack Rodwell end up on 60-70k per week.

That’s fair enough mate. But a fiver in the 80s is probably about £20 now (I’m sure someone can check this).
Oh I agree, it’s just me on an old man rant. People can pay what they want, but my days of following sport in person, have gone out with standing at games and surges.

good luck to anyone who gets this money

Tied in with image rights, merchandise deals and other assorted tax evasion methods
image rights and merchanising are not tax evasion..
so haaland is being offered less than thosse players then..or else he is also getting image rights commercial deals etc? and the £1m figure is either way not unprecdented in any way..

The problem is football is so ruined that some clubs will still see it as money well spent. If he guarantees winning the Champions League for Man City how much do you think their revenue will jump as a result? Last season City revenue <300m, Real Madrid >600m.

With clubs spending money they don’t have to try and keep pace and ultimately moving towards financial ruin. The very biggest clubs will be fine, but these obscene salaries have a trickle down effect on the clubs on the rung of the ladder below. The more the top players can demand, the more the mediocre ones demand too. This is how the likes of Jack Rodwell end up on 60-70k per week.
That’s the problem. You’ll see bog standard players wanting 100 grand a week in the premier, la liga, etc

Back