Your 4 CB's for the World Cup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terry won't come out of international retirement, I agree with the sentiments on Jones and Smalling, both are poor, Sir Alex did well there.
Cahill, Jagielka, then Lescott and Jones. The only other option for me would be Dawson

The fact that Smalling is a genuine contender to start for us in the World Cup is exactly why we have no chance, he shouldn't be anywhere near the team.

I have to be honest and say I lost all connection with England many years ago. Overpaid, arrogant self servicing arseholes. Sick of Gerard telling me 'it's time to deliver'.
I'm sorry, but it will be exactly the same tournament we have had for the last 8 years. Weak, no firepower, lack of pride. Going home after a damp squib

Talking about England obviously.

We have terrible options for the 4-5 CB's we can take.

Cahill
Jagielka
Jones
Smalling

So depressing that the latter two will probably make the squad despite being utter turds all season.

Who would your choices be?

The Uruguayan's have Lugano for a captain....

Wasn't long ago we had terry, Ferdinand, Campbell, brown, carragher available for centre back.

Maybe another.
And yet we did fuck all even with them we'll get to around the usual 1/4s with these lesser players in the current squad calling up the massive browed cockney prick will make no difference to how far England go in the WC

In theory. Whether he will actually play is debatable. Godin (Atletico Madrid) and Caceres (Juventus) will probably play.
I did have a look after I posted that like and there's some names there. I couldn't be that sure of their quality though when compared with our options. Obviously they're up there at the top of their respective leagues, but then so are ours.

Anyway, I've long been of the opinion that right back is our major concern. It's a shame as we're seemingly blessed on the other side.

Talking about England obviously.

We have terrible options for the 4-5 CB's we can take.

Cahill
Jagielka
Jones
Smalling

So depressing that the latter two will probably make the squad despite being utter turds all season.

Who would your choices be?

Would be Terry and Cahill first choice for me. The other 3 are awful

Terry won't come out of international retirement, I agree with the sentiments on Jones and Smalling, both are poor, Sir Alex did well there.
Cahill, Jagielka, then Lescott and Jones. The only other option for me would be Dawson
Because Roy doesn't want him already said as much

Would be Terry and Cahill first choice for me. The other 3 are awful
Another idiot up the arse of Terry and Cahill

And yet we did fuck all even with them we'll get to around the usual 1/4s with these lesser players in the current squad calling up the massive browed cockney prick will make no difference to how far England go in the WC

Get through the group and one of Colombia, Greece, Japan and the Ivory Coast await. I fancy us me. The best of groups A and B would meet us in the quarters though. Spain, Brazil, Holland... :lol:

As I've said already, I don't think CB is our issue. Right back is our real defensive weakness, and it has been ever since age got the better of Gary Neville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back