Yorkshire post losses of £7 million

You’re talking about Durham in the thread. I still don’t know why. It’s got nothing to do with it

The 7.5m is due to this Rafiq farce mind. The bloke basically wanted the county to go bust and the MPs, the ECB and Patel nearly made it happen.
It isn’t. Read the accounts in the link. Far more of it is an accounting change in the form of an asset write down. Exceptionals are 1.9M and not all of that is settling the court cases, about 1.5 is. Not trivial, but if it wasn’t there it reduces the losses only by about a fifth.

Was a complete hatchet job. I don’t like Colin graves but they’d have gone bust without him and talents like Brook and co would have nowhere to play.
Behave man. No other club would have had them?

Of course not, they’re a basket case. But I am saying there is nothing that breaches ECB rules, and so nothing that the ECB could punish them for, and that accordingly the ECB is for once doing nothing biased, sinister, duplicitous or unfair in not punishing them.

If Yorkshire had come to the ECB for a bailout and the ECB had said of course chaps, here you are, no strings, keep the test matches that would have been treating them differently in the same scenario. This isn’t. It’s doing nothing because they have no power to do anything, pure and simple.
Fair comment,thanks.

You’re a lost cause Johnson.

No need like just having cricket chat

You go mad when anyone disagrees with you
It isn’t. Read the accounts in the link. Far more of it is an accounting change in the form of an asset write down. Exceptionals are 1.9M and not all of that is settling the court cases, about 1.5 is. Not trivial, but if it wasn’t there it reduces the losses only by about a fifth.

Thats not what I said. When they’re young

Yeah it’s not trivial at all

Sponsors pulled out, they lost games and Patel got the club sued for millions

I’m a bit lost to what people think should have happened to them

I’ve got an England flag with FTECB on like. I don’t like graves but if you can’t seperate the 2 then it doesn’t help Durham’s cause in my view

Last edited:
No need like just having cricket chat

You go mad when anyone disagrees with you

Thats not what I said. When they’re young

Yeah it’s not trivial at all

Sponsors pulled out, they lost games and Patel got the club sued for millions

I’m a bit lost to what people think should have happened to them

I’ve got an England flag with FTECB on like. I don’t like graves but if you can’t seperate the 2 then it doesn’t help Durham’s cause in my view
Who's saying Yorkshire deserve a similar punishment to us.

Ive done this thread to further highlight how farcical our punishment was and is.

Who's saying Yorkshire deserve a similar punishment to us.

Ive done this thread to further highlight how farcical our punishment was and is.
Fair enough. I’m not looking to pick a fight on that. I’m sure we all agree on here that the ECB treatment of Durham was scandalous. I think most of us agree on here, though with at least one obvious exception, that Yorkshire got off lightly on the disrepute and racism charges they pleaded guilty to as well.

I got the impression one or two later posters felt the ECB should have done something over this specific mess Yorkshire have got themselves into. On that narrow point, I think they are wrong. Nothing the ECB can do. If people are just using this as an excuse to remember how outrageous the ECB was in relation to our position, i am one hundred percent on board with that.

Last edited:
Can I also add, in disagreement to those who said no one wanted Yorkshire to go bust, I bloody did. Particularly if the alternative was to bring back the bloke who shafted Durham and who presided over the very racism and chaos that they have admitted to, and that they were rightly shafted for.

I don’t believe Yorkshire would have disappeared as a first class county. I think the ECB would have ensured that. They as good as said as much. They would have resurrected a fresh start. Without any of the baggage that Graves and his mates bring. Without any of the baggage that their hideous membership brings. What has instead been resurrected by the reinstatement of those who were in charge when it was at its worst is precisely what was the problem in the first place.

But even if Yorkshire had disappeared as a first class county altogether, then in answer to @MustardAndOnions about what the youngsters would do in the future, not having a first class county never did Ben Stokes any harm, or Ian Botham, or Jack Hobbs, or Sydney Barnes. The current England captain and arguably our best ever all rounder, bowler and batter, managed just fine.

Can I also add, in disagreement to those who said no one wanted Yorkshire to go bust, I bloody did. Particularly if the alternative was to bring back the bloke who shafted Durham and who presided over the very racism and chaos that they have admitted to, and that they were rightly shafted for.

I don’t believe Yorkshire would have disappeared as a first class county. I think the ECB would have ensured that. They as good as said as much. They would have resurrected a fresh start. Without any of the baggage that Graves and his mates bring. Without any of the baggage that their hideous membership brings. What has instead been resurrected by the reinstatement of those who were in charge when it was at its worst is precisely what was the problem in the first place.

But even if Yorkshire had disappeared as a first class county altogether, then in answer to @MustardAndOnions about what the youngsters would do in the future, not having a first class county never did Ben Stokes any harm, or Ian Botham, or Jack Hobbs, or Sydney Barnes. The current England captain and arguably our best ever all rounder, bowler and batter, managed just fine.

Fair play all about opinions, I don’t mind that

I’m allowed to think Durham were treated worse than dog shit on a shoe and also think Yorkshire’s punishment was too much tho

I found the whole thing a farce and Mps getting involved to win votes
:lol:

I’m not on my *checks notes* third login for losing the plot and abusing people because they disagree with me mate ;).

I’ve not abused anyone. It’s just cricket talk. Not really sure why you’re getting so wound up about it. I’m certainly not, I’m pleased Yorkshire were rescued. Good club who produces great cricketers.

Last edited:
Fair play all about opinions, I don’t mind that

I’m allowed to think Durham were treated worse than dog shit on a shoe and also think Yorkshire’s punishment was too much tho
Of course you are, and I’m allowed to disagree with you. And even then only partly.

I think they got away quite lightly with the offences they admitted to. In a funny sort of way this was because they got a point punishment. Their offence wasn’t one for which you could even argue they had gained a sporting advantage so the penalty should have been purely financial. But it felt like they were in the shit financially, so the ECB gave them a notionally big points punishment and a small financial one, but in a scenario where the points punishment was irrelevant because the competition had already finished (Blast) or almost irrelevant because they were shit (championship). So it helped them out in a year when they were struggling financially.

But at the same time, I think they were a bit shafted by the “provisional penalties” they were given at the end of 2022 and in particular by the suspension from holding test matches. Although it is easy to joke about that, and I do, by saying it only happened in winter, the reality is that there was obviously a nod and a wink in relation to getting the Ashes tests back and the sackings for which there was all the shit over. The quid pro quo for having an Ashes test, and making 4.7 million, was in practice the sackings that incurred the 1.5 million liability (although to be fair, some of those must’ve been for competence because the club had just been relegated!!). That’s where I disagree with you. They didn’t choose to do that. The ECB forced them. It was a cost of doing business. Of continuing to trade in 2023. And I think they were a bit shafted there.

But as you say, it’s all opinions.

I’m not, I find it hilarious. History repeating itself.

Again, nobody has said anything remotely close to the contrary. Odd little agenda you’re trying to push here.

Here man calm down, chill and relax, no idea why you're trying to cause arguments but its not working. Ruining the thread.

You were absolutely fuming, its just a game of cricket marra.

I’ve already told you, it’s the differences in treatments. Let’s not totally ignore Yorkshire’s debt, either, nor should you avoid the fact I mentioned two other counties who were treat differently to what we were.

:lol: 1 page back to find a post that you claimed you never made.
I think people would’ve simply liked Yorkshire to be treated in the same sort of manner that we were. It’s not a good luck when you’re not on a level playing field.

and a 2nd that you claimed you never made

Point proven. Enjoy your day!

Again, nobody has said anything remotely close to the contrary. Odd little agenda you’re trying to push here.
Nobody? I did. Less than 24 hours ago. I think it would’ve been hugely good for English cricket if both Graves and their membership had disappeared up their own arses and the ECB had been forced to restart something for them.

I don’t think it would’ve helped English cricket for Yorkshire to disappear a first class county. I do think it would’ve helped English cricket if they could’ve created a first class county in Yorkshire that had none of the racist apologists that are represented by Graves, his mates, and his membership.

Last edited:
Nobody? I did. Less than 24 hours ago. I think it would’ve been hugely good for English cricket if both Graves and their membership had disappeared up their own arses and the ECB had been forced to restart something for them.

I don’t think it would’ve helped English cricket for Yorkshire to disappear a first class county. I do think it would’ve helped English cricket if they could’ve created a first class county in Yorkshire that had none of the racist apologists that are represented by Graves, his mates, and his membership.
This would have been my preference as well, as a former supporter of the club. Although there's no guarantee that the same people (the members anyway) would not have been involved in the "phoenix club".

Back