Wrestling - Part 3

Is there a current relation between Bray Wyatt and Bo Dallas?

Wyatt mentioned brotherly love in one of his promos and note Dallas' beard just then...

What a terrible ppv!

I thoroughly enjoyed the split in Lana's skirt but worried she and Rusev are near to the end.

As if you thought Rusev would win here man, he's more buried than The Undertaker now.

This PPV's peaked, was fun while it lasted.
This. Especially when he won the 2 segments back to back in build upto this ppv match

Last edited by a moderator:
Cena v Rusev in a "john cena buries Rusev match", brilliant. He'll probably move on to wyatt and bury him anarl

My review, FWIW.

Pre-Show:

As pre-show's go, this was very, very good. Ambrose is absolutely gold when given free reign on a mic, Wyatt delivered with his promo again and the Neville v BNB match was up there as a match of the night contender, with both men over achieving considering this was a last minute thing. Then we had a great moment with Kane and Tom Phillips playing off the Robert Downey Jnr controversy from earlier this week, I genuinely laughed out loud at the 'relevant' question. :lol:

If you are catching up with the show today I recommend you watch this first (and I wouldn't normally as their pre-shows are usually pish).

Main Show:

Chicago Street Fight - Ambrose v Harper Part 1

This was a proper throw back to the attitude era and I loved every second of it. We rarely get a view of the backstage area these days and it was like Al Snow and Hardcore Holly all over again. The pair of them f***ing off in a car was unexpected and left us knowing they'd be back with more later in the night. The only thing that could really have improved this would have been some blood and some smashed glass but as far as a PG product goes, it was enjoyable.

Kiss Me Arse Match - Sheamus v Ziggler

I've seen this slated on Twitter and listened to the LAW review of the PPV this morning and they hated it but I actually thought the match was good (the stipulation was admittedly f***ing shite) as the tempo and style was different to any other on the night. Sheamus can be stiff usually but he belted the shite out of Ziggler and we saw a different side to Dolph as he was far more physical than he usually is, with less of the high spots and big bumps. I wasn't a fan of the finish as roll ups are overdone to fuck but the crowd were more into the match by the time the arse kissing was meant to start and Sheamus was brilliant in bringing out his new, cuntish side in low blowing Ziggler from behind and turning it round on him, probably to set up a rematch tonight on RAW. I liked this, even if others didnt.

Tag Titles Match - Cesaro & Kidd v The New Day

Tag match of the year so far for me. Absolutely brilliant and by far and above the best match on the card. The crowd turned Cesaro & Kidd face here due to their mad respect for them (which is definitely the way to go in my view as they're convincing, and over as fuck as babyfaces) and New Day have, in fairness, been brilliant as heels in the last few weeks and I said on here ages ago before they even debuted this team that they should have started as a heel team with Woods as the mouthpiece. At least they've managed to turn the clapping thing into a positive - it doesn't matter what building they are in now, they only have to clap to get heat. Certainly a nice, organic feud and I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes going forward. There's definitely potential for Cesaro and Big E to have some good big guy matches on RAW and Smackdown before Payback.

Chicago Street Fight - Ambrose v Harper Part 2

They brought them back in earlier than I thought but the way they did it was class, and the ending was fun. And, AMBROSE FINALLY GOT A PPV WIN.

This was definitely where the show peaked.

Russian Chain Match - Cena v Rusev

Meh. It was alright. What's the point in the chain stipulation if you aren't actually going to be physical with the chain? Plus, the rule that as soon as you got physical, the light reset was totally f***ing pointless as Cena hit Rusev with an AA before hitting the last turnbuckle. They follow the same rule all the way through the match until the very end when Cena hits an AA and for some reason the lights dont reset. Odd and it left me perplexed. If Rusev was the babyface here I'd have been tempted to run with the fact he'd been cheated out of their last match building to Payback but Vince is f***ing thick and probably doesn't even realise his mistake here.

Divas Title Match - Nikki Bella v Naomi

They've not even properly acknowledged a Bella face turn until tonight, which just made the match incredibly strange and the crowd as a result just weren't into it. It wasn't actually that bad of a match in fairness and both women have improved a hell of a lot in the last year or so but, god, we are crying out for some credibility at the top of the card. I would have left this as an open challenge rather than give it to Naomi and then had Charlotte debut and win as a surprise.

The women on NXT knocked the ball out of the park again this week and after this you have to wonder how much longer they're ganna ignore the likes of Charlotte.

Last Man Standing - Big Show v Roman Reigns

This actually over achieved in my book as I cannot stand either of them yet found myself almost invested in it by the finish. Big Show needs to hurry up and fuck off though, I'm just so bored of him and Reigns has gained nothing really from winning here. The crowd were fairly kind to him which surprised me like.

The finish should have been when Reigns speared show through the table, I thought the table flipping was lame as fuck. Sort of like they were saying, anything Lesnar does, Roman can do too. At least we know Reigns is heading into Payback away from Big Show, I don'th think I could take another rematch between them.

Bo Dallas and Ryback Segment

Was there to waste time while they cleaned all the shite up around the ring and nowt more. Loads of people on Twitter are speculating Bo might be alligning with Wyatt, which would be interesting. Certainly be better than what he's doing at the minute, which is fuck all.

Steel Cage Main Event For The WWE Championship - Rollins v Orton

They really need to do away with steel cage matches. They've been done to death.

I was looking forward to this match up until this past week when the build has been totally skewed due to 1. the focus all being on Kane and 2. Reigns pinning Rollins on Smackdown for no apparent reason. Both of those things let me know they weren't switching the titles so I was more interested in seeing how they put Rollins over here.

Like the Cena match, the rules seem to have been ignored - Rollins said he wanted to ban the RKO, then wins the match by performing it himself. If they had made it apparent that it was only Orton banned from using it then fair enough, but they didn't, which just confused things.

In the ring it wasn't all that bad. Rollins played the chicken shit and spent 95% of the match running away from Orton. I just didn't like all the interference.

Jerry Lawler's commentary was an absolute disgrace all night, especially the Sheamus match.

Highlight of night was slit in Lana's skirt.

Back