Wrestling - Part 3

Just caught The Mizs' promo at long last. I reckon it was a shoot like. Both Renee and Maryse looked far too uncomfortable for them to know it was worked.

Just caught The Mizs' promo at long last. I reckon it was a shoot like. Both Renee and Maryse looked far too uncomfortable for them to know it was worked.
Just playing their part. They wouldn't have posted it onto the YouTube channel and promoted it if it wasn't a work. If Orton bleeding into a puddle and a hurried finish is a work then I'm sure this is

One of the first Coliseum Home Video (which was an independent company who made VHS tapes of WWF PPV's from 1985 to 1997) I saw was the 1988 Survivor Series and I always remember this was the first time I saw both a 'heel turn' and 'face turn' in the WWF/WWE when Mr Fuji turned his back on Demolition for The Powers of Pain. Mr Fuji thought his Demolition could not beat The Powers of Pain so he opened the ropes which caused"Smash" to fall through and get counted out. Ax confronted him and when he turned his back on Fuji, Mr Fuji hit him with the cane. But if I recall Smash powerslammed him on the mat but the Powers of Pain helped Mr Fuji up and put him in their corner and after they eliminated the one remaining team on the side of Demolition, The Conquistadores, Demolition ran back to the ring and saw off The Powers of Pain. Thus seeing Demolition turn face and The Powers of Pain turn heel. But it is probably Yokozuna's manager he is best remembered.

RIP Mr Fuji

http://www.wwe.com/article/mr-fuji-passes-away

One of the first Coliseum Home Video (which was an independent company who made VHS tapes of WWF PPV's from 1985 to 1997) I saw was the 1988 Survivor Series and I always remember this was the first time I saw both a 'heel turn' and 'face turn' in the WWF/WWE when Mr Fuji turned his back on Demolition for The Powers of Pain. Mr Fuji thought his Demolition could not beat The Powers of Pain so he opened the ropes which caused"Smash" to fall through and get counted out. Ax confronted him and when he turned his back on Fuji, Mr Fuji hit him with the cane. But if I recall Smash powerslammed him on the mat but the Powers of Pain helped Mr Fuji up and put him in their corner and after they eliminated the one remaining team on the side of Demolition, The Conquistadores, Demolition ran back to the ring and saw off The Powers of Pain. Thus seeing Demolition turn face and The Powers of Pain turn heel. But it is probably Yokozuna's manager he is best remembered.

RIP Mr Fuji

I remember him more as Demolition's manager like.

Finished the G1 - only watched select matches. Class tournament like. So many mint matches.

Marufuji/Okada
Tanahashi/Sanada
Omega/Elgin
Okada/Ishii
Tanahashi/Okada
Naito/Elgin
Omega/Naito
Omega/Goto

Just off the top of my head.

RIP Mr Fuji

Its as if I was there

It is surprising the amount of talent he has managed. We have the wrestlers mentioned in the article but he also managed Bob Orton, The Moondogs, Sika (father of Roman Reigns), Jim Neidhart, Crush (twice - once with Demolition and as a singles competitor in 1993), Owen Hart, Davey Boy Smith and Jeff Jarrett (which I had no idea about).
Forgot about his spell with Hart and Davey Boy, pretty impressive list to be fair.

Back