Who do you despise

Status
Not open for further replies.

People who judge other people on their accent.

Good one.
I've had this while on holiday.But only the negative side.I've never had anyone think I was wonderful (afaik) after I've opened my mouth.
Is this because I sound like a lower class pleb,or because certain people need to look down on someone. A bit of both I suspect.

Good one.
I've had this while on holiday.But only the negative side.I've never had anyone think I was wonderful (afaik) after I've opened my mouth.
Is this because I sound like a lower class pleb,or because certain people need to look down on someone. A bit of both I suspect.
Works both ways though, i.e. people despising people because they think they have a 'posh' accent.

Works both ways though, i.e. people despising people because they think they have a 'posh' accent.
It amazes me how many politicians get slagged off just for that. Or for daring to be born into a wealthy family. Or for not refusing to go to public schools. Or for not having been sent down a pit for 30 hrs per day. Or for having chosen a career and/or education in politics.

Any/all of which means they can't possibly "understand the working man", run a country, or know/care anything of the grimy north.

Snobbery pure and simple.

From people who'd be the first to melt down if a (say) Tory chancellor actually did say "in this budget I'm giving fuck all to those thick smelly inbreds up north".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back