Who are the top ten most famous and popular artists/ bands in order 1 to 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Abba, Led Zep, Elton John and, unfortunately, Madonna all take up space on these lists as well.

And you'd be right. 21 number one hits in the UK alone make him the most successful singles chart artist ever. Many top 10 biggest selling lists put him on top for album sales.

He should be number 1 on this list. You are a most insightful and intelligent young man.

Cheers.:)

Mind, f***ing hell we are struggling to get past top spot nevermind reach number ten.:lol:

Tom jones

Influenced By the master jerry lee Lewis ;)

Very famous both of them but not in the same league of fame as these two great artists.;)

:lol:

nope free hits to a web page hardly constitute more popular over a scale of time If he is still thought about in 40 years then he can maybe join in the list.

I suspect you know this and are just being zany or we would also be sticking Britney and Justin in there.

He's class man

Cheers.:)

Mind, f***ing hell we are struggling to get past top spot nevermind reach number ten.:lol:

Very famous both of them but not in the same league of fame as these two great artists.;)

Yeah, I just googled Top 10 selling recording artists. Some put Elvis on top, some put The Beatles. But Elvis influenced The Beatles. That's got to go in his favour here...
:cool:

Do you think Led Zep are more famous than the Stones? Tricky one that but the Stone must be more famous?

Btw Madonna is a big name to hoy in the mix, forgot about her anarl.

I'd say Led Zep are probably more credible than The Stones, or at least I hope they are! I dunno. I reckon Led Zep have sold more records than The Stones at a guess?

But fame is not just about record sales. Millions and millions will know of Elvis because of the iconic image but not know of The Beatles with regards to their image.

neeeee way man, have you been to India? Elvis who they say? While playing Ravi and George songs :lol:

I'll start the list with the undisputed king and never knocked off the top spot of most famous ever recording artist on the planet.

If we're talking about 'world-famous', it's important to try not to just look at this from a western perspective. Personally, I think it's Elvis by a mile.

China

Logon or register to see this image

India

Logon or register to see this image

Newcastle

Currently, I think you would have to add Lady Gaga to the list, though she is banned in China.

I'll start the list with the undisputed king and never knocked off the top spot of most famous ever recording artist on the planet.

1 - Beatles
2 - Micheal Jackson
3 - Elvis
4 - Madonna
5 - Rolling Stones
6 - Spice Girls
7 - U2
8 - AC DC
9 - Bruce Springstein
10 - Elton John

Please hoy your contribution to the list, thank you and see if we end up with an overall agreement on the ten most famous recording artists ever.

There ya go mate, in my opinion ofcourse :lol:

The answer is

The Beatles
Elvis
Michael Jackson
Madonna
Led Zeppelin
Elton John
Pink Floyd
Mariah Carey
Celiene Dion
ACDC