Who are the top ten most famous and popular artists/ bands in order 1 to 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll start the list with the undisputed king and never knocked off the top spot of most famous ever recording artist on the planet.

1- Elvis
2 - ? (It's got to be Micheal Jackson or the Beatles I reckon)
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

Please hoy your contribution to the list, thank you and see if we end up with an overall agreement on the ten most famous recording artists ever.

most famous not being the same as the best.

Then Beatles should be top.

then Elvis, Michael Jackson, Madonna, Stones

Nope The Beatles globally (I'm guessing like and biased) :)

double fuck off
:lol::lol:

I think not only the music of Elvis would have been more globally accepted but add to that the iconic Elvis in his white suit look has made him more well known than The Beatles unless I am convinced by some facts.:)

I think not only the music of Elvis would have been more globally accepted but add to that the iconic Elvis in his white suit look has made him more well known than The Beatles unless I am convinced by some facts.:)

here suck on this
"Since the Beatles' last single reached number one, it seems reasonable to assume that their string would have continued had they not broken up, whereas Presley clearly suffered a severe falling off in popularity after his six years in the limelight."

so now you're deaf as well?

Last edited:
here suck on this
"Since the Beatles' last single reached number one, it seems reasonable to assume that their string would have continued had they not broken up, whereas Presley clearly suffered a severe falling off in popularity after his six years in the limelight."

so now you're deaf as well?

Not deaf, just right :cool:

and this

..."It’s notoriously difficult to compare record sales but EMI estimated in 2005 that The Beatles had sold 1.5 billion records. In 2008 it was estimated that Elvis’s figure was a comparatively pitiful 1 billion. That might be why, in 1967, he wrote to Richard Nixon to complain about the Fab Four’s bad influence on young Americans."

Not deaf, just right :cool:

:lol:

nope free hits to a web page hardly constitute more popular over a scale of time If he is still thought about in 40 years then he can maybe join in the list.

I suspect you know this and are just being zany or we would also be sticking Britney and Justin in there.

here suck on this
:lol:No thanks:lol:

Aye it could be right? but some of it is speculation about The Beatles with regards to 'reasonable to assume'. But I do agree if they continued then due the their quality of music then they would be more famous than Elvis, but I believe Elivs is the most famous ever recording artist known globally.

:lol:No thanks:lol:

Aye it could be right? but some of it is speculation about The Beatles with regards to 'reasonable to assume'. But I do agree if they continued then due the their quality of music then they would be more famous than Elvis, but I believe Elivs is the most famous ever recording artist known globally.

And you'd be right. 21 number one hits in the UK alone make him the most successful singles chart artist ever. Many top 10 biggest selling lists put him on top for album sales.

He should be number 1 on this list. You are a most insightful and intelligent young man.

and this

..."It’s notoriously difficult to compare record sales but EMI estimated in 2005 that The Beatles had sold 1.5 billion records. In 2008 it was estimated that Elvis’s figure was a comparatively pitiful 1 billion. That might be why, in 1967, he wrote to Richard Nixon to complain about the Fab Four’s bad influence on young Americans."

But fame is not just about record sales. Millions and millions will know of Elvis because of the iconic image but not know of The Beatles with regards to their image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back