Who are the "dirtiest" players that you've, personally, seen play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Only seen him on TV, but he was a dirty bastard in every sense of the word.
Logon or register to see this image

I think the problems that some appear to be having identifying "dirty" players has to be down to age.

Football is not the same game it was when I was in my teens and (I think) to measure past players against the way the rules are now enforced can only be a "no win" for both the poster and the player he/she is judging!

Bremner and Hunter, but you easily include most of the rest of that same bunch of thugs.

Gerrard has done some sickeners over the years, which the press like to ignore.

Totally agree with that, if Gerrard or Terry do an awful tackle, always here the pundits after, 'he's not like that, he's a big tough player but he'll not have meant to catch him'. If a foreign lad goes in, Costa or someone of that ilk 'you know what he's like, he's went to hurt him'.

Think all the usual suspects have been named but can anyone remember a big skinhead centre back marking Shearer in a cup game, possibly for Notts County? I've never seen old weetabix so intimidated ! Two not mentioned yet because they are red n white are Bally and Kaysie, they made some shockers over the years tbh, also Iain Munro took no prisoners, his tackle on Steve Hunt (neck high on the half way line!) was something to behold, he didn't even wait for the red card, just jogged down the tunnel :lol:
That Iain Munro tackle v Coventry was the worst I've seen live. Even the home crowd was wincing.

Logon or register to see this image

We had a young lad at Derby called Steve Emery who looked like he might go on and become something special and this animal went straight through him, broke his leg finishing his career and walked off laughing.

I saw him a few years ago and told him i thought he was a dirty bastard, thought he was going to kill me hehe!! real nasty piece of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back