Who are the "dirtiest" players that you've, personally, seen play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a more recent shout, although probably not the dirtiest ever, Jordon Mutch

A german goalkeeper, I forget his name but I remember gasping as kid when he smashed into this other guy during a world cup game, knocked him clean out iirc.

I was seven years old at the time and I thought he'd killed Battiston.
In the end it he lost two teeth and had three cracked ribs, then slipped into a coma. The ref didn't even give a foul :eek:

Dirty Leeds had hatchet men all over the pitch, nasty and brutal bullies who cheated their way through matches. Even Gary Sprake, their goalie, was a thug and cleaned a player out once with a high foot when jumping.

They steamrollered us a few times in the 60's but that tackle of Ritchie Pitt in the Cup Final on Clarke showed we weren't going to be taken lightly.

I'm not talking about "hard men" but those that were just "dirty"!

For me, I can name two - Bobby Collins and Johnny Giles who both played for Revie's Leeds team.

Giles used to be a right winger but replaced Collins in the centre after he had his leg broken!

In the '60s there weren't cameras everywhere and these two scumbags would wait until the ball was yards away, with the ref watching it before kidney punching and/or raking their studs down the back of an opponent's calves.

They are the only two that I can think of that (if I'd been good enough to play against) I would have gone out with the intention of ending their playing careers.

Are there any that you think of in the same way?
Pieces of garbage! @Mr Redknapp

Kevin Muscat, Danny Tiatto, Mark Van Bommel.

Then there's others that are just sort of 'dirty' but seem to get away with it a bit more. Costa, Skrtel etc.

Two of the nastiest players I have seen were Souness and Bryan Robson of Man Utd.

I'm not talking about "hard men" but those that were just "dirty"!

For me, I can name two - Bobby Collins and Johnny Giles who both played for Revie's Leeds team.

Giles used to be a right winger but replaced Collins in the centre after he had his leg broken!

In the '60s there weren't cameras everywhere and these two scumbags would wait until the ball was yards away, with the ref watching it before kidney punching and/or raking their studs down the back of an opponent's calves.

They are the only two that I can think of that (if I'd been good enough to play against) I would have gone out with the intention of ending their playing careers.

Are there any that you think of in the same way?
Souness

Mark Hughes
Good one.

Remember Sol Campbell being a right dirty bastard marking Quinny one game, about 20 fouls and only got booked in the last couple of mins!
The games I remember, Quinny had Campbell in his pocket and in fact it could have been the catalyst for the Racist to think about changing careers I kid you not.

For a more recent shout, although probably not the dirtiest ever, Jordon Mutch

Aye, word for for word pretty much what I was going to post. He did Cattermole up here last season two or three times, last time he waited till Cattermole was in the air and put his knee right into his lower spine the horrible prick. Soon fucked off when Cattermole left one on him after he'd already got the ball.

Should have been sent off at QPR as well against us earlier this season anarl.

Shearer, Barton and Bowyer, sly cowardly wankers.
May as well include Pardew and Carver as well they are dirty twats who stinks of piss
Plus the 600 million Jawdee's who turn up at the shit factory to watch the scum week in and week out, there all incontinent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back