Where will Leicester City finish this season....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not downplaying it at all, I'm just saying finishing top four would be a better achievement and open more doors for us than winning the FA Cup.
In twenty years nobody will remember this Leicester side (unless you somehow win the league, which you won't).

Win the FA cup and you'll be remembered for all time.

Fourth place is not an achievement that gets remembered.

In twenty years nobody will remember this Leicester side (unless you somehow win the league, which you won't).

I agree with that.

If we finished top four this season and got CL it will all be in vain if we got knocked out in the group stages and finished 14th in the league the season after. We are back where we started.

If i knew that was going to happen I'd much rather win the FA Cup.

If we got CL football we could sign a better quality of player and finish top four again the season after and then we're a big club and can get any player outside the very elite.

I agree with that.

If we finished top four this season and got CL it will all be in vain if we got knocked out in the group stages and finished 14th in the league the season after. We are back where we started.

If i knew that was going to happen I'd much rather win the FA Cup.

If we got CL football we could sign a better quality of player and finish top four again the season after and then we're a big club and can get any player outside the very elite.
You will never be a big club imho, too shit of a history, you'd need to win a few FA cups to get anywhere near that label. You can only dream of being as big a club as we are tbf. We were where you are now around 1999/2000 and then we got shit again, the same fate probably awaits you I'm afraid.

You will never be a big club imho, too shit of a history, you'd need to win a few FA cups to get anywhere near that label. You can only dream of being as big a club as we are tbf. We were where you are now around 1999/2000 and then we got shit again, the same fate probably awaits you I'm afraid.

Of course we could become a big club. People are only interested in recent history and that's why Man City are a much bigger club than Forest, Everton or Aston Villa. No one judges these clubs what they did 30 years ago, that's long been consigned to history.

It's not totally inconceivable that we get top four and go from strength to strength.

Success on the pitch =
More prize money
More TV money
Better sponsorship

From small acorns grow big oak trees, even Man Utd were small once and big clubs aren't static, they come and go.

To get top 4 you have to be good over a far longer period than winning the cup, but I'd agree its not something you will get remembered for.
The premier and champions lge has somewhat ruined the f.a.cup. Its very much 3rd on the list of priorities for our top clubs, basically something to fall back on when their champions lge and premier campaigns are in trouble.
That's probably why you have seen more of the likes of Cardiff, Wigan, Stoke, Portsmouth, Millwall and Southampton contest more recent finals. Sadly the prestige of winning is not what it was imo.
I am glad that I'm old enough to remember what was a truly magical event it used to be.
All the cup draws on the radio. The excitement of the semi-finals on neutral grounds rather than Wembley. The big build up with coverage from morning till the end of the event. The atmosphere of 100000 at old Wembley. The long proud walk of the teams from the tunnel. The celebrations at the end for the winning team.

There always used to be a special buzz around an f.a.cup day, you could feel it in the ground, but this great old competition as been tarnished by money and the attitude of the big clubs imo.

Liverpool managed it and recently Chelsea

Man City and Arsenal will probably finish above them, but at the moment I wouldn't bet on any of the others.

You have never ever won the FA cup, 33/1 was wildly optimistic. The FA cup is incredibly hard to win if you're not a top side, even Portsmouth and Wigan were PL sides at the time.

The fact that you're downplaying an FA cup win when you've never won it in your history is frankly hilarious.

There's absolutely no logic in your assertion that it's harder to win the FA Cup than finish in the top four.

For a Championship or Premier League side the FA Cup can be won in as few as 6 games and potentially against opposition from all four divisions.

With a fair wind it could even be 4 home games with 2 at neutral venues.

A top 4 finish in the Premier League will require consistency over 38 games home and away and probably 20 + wins.

Whilst that should really be within the remit of the established top four biggest spenders- Man United, Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea, for Leicester, bearing in mind their recent history, transfer spend and wage bill, to achieve that feat would be absolutely remarkable.

The bookies very rarely get it wrong and 33/1 for the cup compared to 1000/1 for top four is accurately reflective of the respective feats.

Of course it's always nice to see your own club's name on the FA Cup, but if Leicester do manage to achieve a top four finish this season, I'm pretty sure that feat will be talked about for many, many years to come.

E&OE IMHO, as ever.

So PSG can never be a big club?

Just had a look at Portsmouth winning the FA Cup when they beat Cardiff in 2008.

Cardiff's run to the final was as easy as you could hope for and never played a PL club until Portsmouth in the final.

3rd - Chasetown (h)
4th - Hereford (a)
5th - Wolves (h)
6th - Middlesbrough (a)
SF - Barnsley
F - Portsmouth

If they'd have beaten Portsmouth that must be about the easiest draw ever?

The team that finished 10th last season had 48pts.

For Leicester to get to 48pts they'd have to be worse than Sunderland have been for the first half of this season.

If we average 1.5pts a game for the rest of the season that will probably get us 5th and maybe 4th if we're lucky.
Tack nee notice marra.Top 4 nailed on.The daft twats think you're in a rut cos you drew with citeh.delusional.;)

Around 7th (maybe even a bit lower) the bubble has burst the daft shites who thought they'll finish top 4 :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back