Where will Leicester City finish this season....

Status
Not open for further replies.
...league position obviously, I'll go for 5th, would still be a great effort by them tbf. Waddya reckon?

I fear you'll be right and 5th is my guess to.

I still have high hopes for 4th or higher and we are still 8pts clear of 5th.

If we buy well in January and I have total faith in our recruitment team then we might be able to kick on again. In Vardy, Mahrez and Kante we have three players who are amongst the best in the PL. It would be amazing if our recruitment team had another gem or two lined up and solidify a Champions League spot.

Drop like a stone in the new year. 10th.

The team that finished 10th last season had 48pts.

For Leicester to get to 48pts they'd have to be worse than Sunderland have been for the first half of this season.

If we average 1.5pts a game for the rest of the season that will probably get us 5th and maybe 4th if we're lucky.

I think the ethic installed by Pearson is something to behold and I wish them all the best.
Wes Morgan, Danny Simpson, Marc Albrighton to name three are not the best. Then again the Premier League isn't either.
its a strange league this year with top teams struggling and shit teams (apart from us) doing well. They wont have a better chance for a decent finish for a long time after this season once the team gets inevitbly dismantled.

still, makes a nice change and i wish them all the best. Be great if they won the league but cant see it tbh.

Agree 6th place will be a great achievement but disagree that they have been lucky like.

I agree.

You can get the rub of the green for a few games but they are well beyond that now.

If you include their form including the run at the end of the 2014/15 season it's pretty remarkable.

P 28
W 18
D 7
L 3
GF 55
GA 32
Points 61

If you were being very picky then you could say that defensively this season they haven't been that brilliant (25 against in 19 games) so if the goals for dry up then they may struggle, but I still wouldn't put money on that particular scenario.

Squad quality starts to get tested January onward, but I still have a feeling they will finish top four and that would be a breath of fresh air for the Premier League.

4th at best.

Man Utd or Liverpool will probably beat them to 4th as well.

The team that finished 10th last season had 48pts.

For Leicester to get to 48pts they'd have to be worse than Sunderland have been for the first half of this season.

If we average 1.5pts a game for the rest of the season that will probably get us 5th and maybe 4th if we're lucky.

Points have been much more widespread this year.

If Liverpool beat us you're only 10 points ahead of 10th.

Last edited:
4th at best.

Man Utd or Liverpool will probably beat them to 4th as well.

Points have been much more widespread this year.

If Liverpool beat us you're only 10 points ahead of 10th.

They have but it also means that winning the PL or fourth place will be a low total this year so anything can happen if that's the case.

7th.

Vardy has stopped scoring and they look rank average once again.

They've lost one in twelve and have just played Man United, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Everton, taking 8 points in the process. I think they'll slip but still finish top 5

They have but it also means that winning the PL or fourth place will be a low total this year so anything can happen if that's the case.

Agreed. I think Spurs, Arsenal & City will definitely finish above Leicester (too much depth & experience and not much of a gap).

Definitely an opportunity to finish 4th though.

7th.

Vardy has stopped scoring and they look rank average once again.

It is Mahrez that makes them tick, as long as he stays fit they'll keep on taking points. I think they'll finish 5th behind Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City and Spurs.

Crazy how people think they'll finish 6th or lower, people are so deluded on here, they're unstoppable and they're 9 points clear of Man Utd, Man utd look f***ing shite.

Top 4 will be Arsenal, Man City, Spurs, Leicester imho.

Probably in that order.

People need to wake up and realise they're not going to slow down any time soon.

If they do not make top 4 now they will be the first team in Prem history to do so with that number of points by xmas by all accounts. They need to sacrifice the FA Cup and play kids to give the first team a rest week if they are gonna avoid fatigue and injuries....Would love to see them break up the CL monopoly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back