What changes do you want next year at the SOL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bring back the flames on the Murray Gates instead of the energy efficient light bulbs.
Knock down the swimming baths (and possibly a half built Hilton's, depending on how much it impacts on the view of the ground/how much of an eye sore it is)
Nice ornate clock on the East/Clock Stand roof, along with a flag/flags.
Sunderland Council stop making it as difficult as possible to park any where near the ground.
Half time entertainment
Show scores of games not just in the Premier, it's not hard with the big screen.
The club to stop making it as hard as possible to hang flags and banners in the ground.
Name the stands proper names.
Stop blasting crap pop songs over the speakers after an important win when fans are trying to celebrate, kills the atmosphere immediately.
You don't want much do you?

Name the stands after famous SAFC players or traditions.

The Roker Park Stand, The Kevin Phillips Stand, The Sir Bob Murray Stand & The Colliery Stand

Just a few suggestions on names.,..

Expand SOL, cheaper tickets so football is affordable for everyone

Expand to 65-70k & sell tickets for 10-15quid adults & 5quid for kids / oaps. Or even a block family ticket deals.

Build it & they will come I'm going all Kevin Costner you you ;)

Last edited:
Rename the stands
Hoy the beams back on
New PA system, not a fan of music at the match at all but Dance of the Knights used to be spine tingling
Contactless card payments at the bars, competent bar staff, faster pouring machines
Banners over the bridge, through North Bridge Street and Sheepfolds
Stop advertising bloody navy careers on the scoreboards during the match

An improvement for me would be for the club to ban the old bastard who sits behind me and complains from entering to leaving... The grass isn't good enough, players are not warming up properly, they can't pass, no effort, shoot from the halfway line, dive in, why pass to him, too slow, not good enough, too long a half time break or the queues moving too slowly to get out. The best one though was that people were putting too much vinegar on their chips at halftime as the smell was too strong!

Hanging baskets with seasonal flowers and someone doing manicures on the concourse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back