What a day this was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Davies :cool:

I like the way for the penalty, even though it was a clear foul, he mentioned how the referee wouldn't have been able to tell from the angle he was. Commentators and pundits now far too quick to jump on any refereeing error even when they are using 3 different angles and slow motion. Nice to see the benefit of the doubt going to the ref for a change.

Desailly & Leboeuf had just won the World Cup as France's CB partnership

f***ing shite themselves v Quinn and Phillips just outclassed them :cool:

Desailly & Leboeuf had just won the World Cup as France's CB partnership

f***ing shite themselves v Quinn and Phillips just outclassed them :cool:

Is that why Leboeuf wasnt playing? Touch of the ballroom blitz?

Is that why Leboeuf wasnt playing? Touch of the ballroom blitz?
The game in which the kick-off was delayed (my memory says the 1-0 one but that means little) was probably the most mental atmosphere in the Terminus I have ever seen. Someone came back in at 2.45 with the news and it was greeted like a lottery win.

Strange thing this psychology lark.

FF, get back on track, its not about which match was delayed, its about the fact we can beat any team on our day, miracles do happen. I watched Its a Wonderful Life last night

Twenty minutes highlights and three minutes waffle on Match of the Day then as opposed to three minutes of highlights and twenty minutes waffle these days..

Sitting right behind the goal. Remember Phillips half volley still so clearly like it was yesterday. Never seen us play a better half of football ever.

I like the way for the penalty, even though it was a clear foul, he mentioned how the referee wouldn't have been able to tell from the angle he was. Commentators and pundits now far too quick to jump on any refereeing error even when they are using 3 different angles and slow motion. Nice to see the benefit of the doubt going to the ref for a change.
Best commentator by far
I think he has a soft spot for sunderland after he was involved in the prematch hotel interviews in 1973

very first game I watched on match of the day. Last year showed the volley to my mate, who supports the bin dippers, apparently because Chelsea weren't the team they are now, it isn't that good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back