What a day this was

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember having my half time pint and just feeling stunned, thinking, what the fuck was that

Its quite funny, I can remember that clearly, yet I can loose my car keys within 10 seconds of getting in the front door:D

But I suppose you remember the important things in life, fuck the car, lets hammer Chelsea

Ferk me, was just sat thinking about that game.

We were having about a 5th pint in the terminus (god knows why) , when kick off was delayed, seemed like the whole crowd had hsd nine each by 530 kick off.

Omen?

Not really as the delayed game was 1-0 final score

From the BBC article on the game

Instead, those title-chasing clothes have been stolen by Sunderland, who are now third.

Vialli's men were stripped bare in a first-half onslaught in which their so-called world class players were made to look almost laughably poor.

I'd love to get the buzz back we had in the Reidy days. We all thought we were in with a shout of winning something and the football itself was at times a joy to witness.

Different game different time it seems now.

That is without a doubt the best 1st half I've witnessed at home. I've never seen a team as rattled as Chelsea were that day and we're talking Internationals like Desailly etc who just didn't want to be there. Reidy team at it's very best.

Quinn told a story the other day about the players going out for a few beers on the night after the game. They told Thirlwell to get them in and he said he couldn't get his wallet out of his pocket because Denis Wise was still in there :lol::lol:

H is right (not for the first time ;)). Workmen doing the 'new' Metro went through a power cable knocking the leccy out to the stadium. Kicked off at 3.45 iirc ... also known as 2 pints later:D. The atmosphere was buzzing thanks to the extra beer.

I remember we were in the concourse when the delay was announced. Joyous scenes as the scramble for extra pints began! The place was f***ing bouncing by the time kick off arrived :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back