West Brom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problems coming for them, take the young helmet and his goals away, which somebody will in the summer and then Pulis will spend all the money on overpriced journeymen to join the ones they already have.

Pulis leaving Palace was a cop out, why is he managing West Brom now? They are shite. Palace obviously had a really exciting set of players, what will he build at West Brom? It looks like Stoke part 2 for him. I think the last two home defeats are proof that the Pulis effect can only last so long, eventually you go back to mediocre, dull football. I think we'd like him here if he came in and gave us a new manager bounce and all that, but we'd hate him after a few months.

Several teams are well in the mix here...
Look at the upcoming fixtures this month..
Palace v WBA 2-0
Everton v Burnley 2-0
Leicester Swansea 2-2 ?

then on 25th..
Burnley v Leicester 2-2 ?
Palace v Hull 2 - 0
QPR v West Ham 2 - 2 ?
Stoke v Sunderland 2-2 ?
WBA v Liverpool 2-2 ?
City v Villa 3 - 2

then...
Hull v Liverpool 2 - 2 ?
then
Leicester v Chelsea 1 - 2

that takes you to the end of the month...
the table might look like..

14 West Brom 34 -18 34pts
15 Aston Villa 34 -22 32
16 Sunderland 33 -23 30
17 Hull 34 -18 29
18 QPR 34 -21 27
19 Burnley 34 -26 27
20 Leicester 34 -20 27

then, the following w/e you have no less than 7 critical games..
Leicester v Newcastle 2 - 0
Villa v Everton 2 - 1
Liverpool v QPR 3 - 0
Sunderland v Southampton 2 - 2
West Ham v Burnley 2 - 2
Man U v West Brom 2 - 0
Hull v Arsenal 1 - 2

Those results virtually relegate QPR & Burnley...and the fight between Hull, Leicester, and Sunderland becomes a real nail bitter..
could go down to goal difference...Villa looking safe.. WBA only need 1 win to be sure, so look safe

I wonder what odds you`d get for those results...?
Every game is a potential cup final....results could go either way in many games..

Your guesses here are as good as mine...
Interesting that Sunderland and WBA both play Chelsea and Arsenal in the final week...

Palace v WBA 2-0
Everton v Burnley 2-0
Leicester Swansea 2-2 ?

then on 25th..
Palace v Hull 2 - 0
QPR v West Ham 2 - 2 ?
Stoke v Sunderland 2-2 ?
WBA v Liverpool 2-2 ?
City v Villa 3 - 2

then...
Hull v Liverpool 2 - 2 ?
then

15 Aston Villa 34 -22 32
16 Sunderland 33 -23 30
17 Hull 34 -18 29
18 QPR 34 -21 27
19 Burnley 34 -26 27
20 Leicester 34 -20 27

Villa v Everton 2 - 1
Liverpool v QPR 3 - 0
West Ham v Burnley 2 - 2
Man U v West Brom 2 - 0
Hull v Arsenal 1 - 2

Those results virtually relegate QPR & Burnley...and the fight between Hull, Leicester, and Sunderland becomes a real nail bitter..
could go down to goal difference...Villa looking safe.. WBA only need 1 win to be sure, so look safe

Every game is a potential cup final....results could go either way in many games..

Interesting that Sunderland and WBA both play Chelsea and Arsenal in the final week...

Why all the 2-2 predictions ?

These are just my guesses. Many of the games could go either way.
ie, Palace v WBA could go 3-1 Palace, or maybe WBA will come out fighting for a 2-2 draw.
I guess that's what makes it so interesting. I just hope that Sunderland put on there positive hat and really focus on getting some goals and results this next few weeks. They really must stay focused, and concentrate on playing sound constructive football, with a solid midfield, and plenty of attack focus.
Its all about being in a positive frame of mind, and not conceding any stupid goals, or taking any injuries, nor red cards.
This w/e is FA Cup Semis... if Liverpool batter Villa that could upset Villas Kalma.... similarly, if they draw, and replay, that could add pressure to both clubs. Any injuries will effect things, but Villa look almost safe in the league, barring some big banana skins.
If they could possibly beat Stoke, it would be a giant step to safety.

Palace v WBA 2-0
Everton v Burnley 2-0
Leicester Swansea 2-2 ?

then on 25th..
Palace v Hull 2 - 0
QPR v West Ham 2 - 2 ?
Stoke v Sunderland 2-2 ?
WBA v Liverpool 2-2 ?
City v Villa 3 - 2

then...
Hull v Liverpool 2 - 2 ?
then

15 Aston Villa 34 -22 32
16 Sunderland 33 -23 30
17 Hull 34 -18 29
18 QPR 34 -21 27
19 Burnley 34 -26 27
20 Leicester 34 -20 27

Villa v Everton 2 - 1
Liverpool v QPR 3 - 0
West Ham v Burnley 2 - 2
Man U v West Brom 2 - 0
Hull v Arsenal 1 - 2

QPR west am will be 1-1.. fuckin tit

In early February I stuck a quid on a WBA, Hull, QPR combo (28-1) which should in itself be enough to save them.

Well, like I said, forecasting the results is a mugs game..
WBA suddenly hit form away to Palace...who would have guessed it after last weeks results..
Did the Palace players just switch off this week...after some very good previous results, notably including a home win against Man City..
And Leicester continued there winning run, but Swansea had there chances.. In fairness, I guess Swansea had little to play for...
Burnley game went to form, but they might have grabbed something had they taken chances..
So, the battle at the basement hots up, and WBA have taken themselves out of the dog fight.....

Well, like I said, forecasting the results is a mugs game..
WBA suddenly hit form away to Palace...who would have guessed it after last weeks results..
Did the Palace players just switch off this week...after some very good previous results, notably including a home win against Man City..
And Leicester continued there winning run, but Swansea had there chances.. In fairness, I guess Swansea had little to play for...
Burnley game went to form, but they might have grabbed something had they taken chances..
So, the battle at the basement hots up, and WBA have taken themselves out of the dog fight.....

Palace home record is won 5, drawn 3, lost 8 whereas away they've won 6, drawn 6 and lost 5. Only they and Villa have taken more points away than at home in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back