*~*~* West Brom v Sunderland match thread *~*~*

I can only conclude you have spent to much time playing computer football.
From the word ‘pretending’ onwards your comments show a complete lack of understanding of reality.

Reality being how you stop a team leaking goals (see Blackburn), without the ability to score goals (see our only real goal scorer and assist maker being injured for weeks and still not back to form), without both of our only credible Centre half’s and arguably team leaders for times during the bad run, without 3 first choice full backs, without a striker, without experience.

With that shit show the reality is the Coach and his players have stopped the rot, ground out some results, shown the right attitude and hopefully given themselves a foundation to build on.
I’ve been saying for ages we were on our way to the third division and only the end of the season was going to save us.

Well in that respect they have proved me wrong. If this had been BSA it would have been regarded as him being tactically astute given thats how he saved teams from relegation… with clean sheets. Stopping other teams playing, being disciplined and professional. The only stats that matter being goals scored v conceded. That’s where we have got to and they executed it well in last 3 games.

That’s why it’s progress, and the lads on the pitch had a great attitude. We have always said as fans we will support our team if they give 100%(plenty haven’t).

Is it good enough to be where we are? Of course not, but as long as all we have on and off the pitch give everything, we have to live with it.

What KLD needs to do re investment and recruitment is another debate, that’s the part we should not ‘pretend’ is ok

I was commenting on yesterday's game - not the previous ones. I'm happy with the three points.

"Give everything"? :cool:

Some didn't break out of a jog FFS.

If you can't top 50% possession against 10 men you're doing something wrong.

However, the posters absolutely correct about Bellingham. He has had some good games but it it were any other player he would have been subbed in most games. First offer we get, sell him.

I assume you mean teams who will pay good money which by logic means they can see the kid has a future.

Most of the irrational views on him come from him seemingly being treated differently to others. It doesn’t change the fact he is still largely potential and he is doing great for his age and relative to his team mates .

Look at the players who fall into that category - look at the players his age and show me who has played as well this season, contributed as much this season.

Remember he’s 18
Aouxhiche 21 Probably the best of the rest but no, can’t do it for 90 minutes
Hemir20 Say no more
Rusyn.. well he’s 25 and not as good.
Burstow 20 … not in same league
Ba? 20 …physically not at races
Rigg… different age group altogether and physically still light weight. Next season will be his moment I hope
Mundle 21 Not as good he’s just potential at 21 !
Hjelde aged 20 .. £2m makes Jobe look like deal of of the decade

Huggins 23 Patto 23 Cirkin 22 Ballard 24 Pembele 21 Selt 20 Hume 22 Alese .23 Styles 24 Neil 22 Ekwah 22

You look at his ability and physicality at 18 compared to every player on here, look at the minutes he’s played, the contribution he’s made.

Should he have played as much as he has, I don’t think so. But your assessment is based on something other than common sense?

I assume you mean teams who will pay good money which by logic means they can see the kid has a future.

Most of the irrational views on him come from him seemingly being treated differently to others. It doesn’t change the fact he is still largely potential and he is doing great for his age and relative to his team mates .

Look at the players who fall into that category - look at the players his age and show me who has played as well this season, contributed as much this season.

Remember he’s 18
Aouxhiche 21 Probably the best of the rest but no, can’t do it for 90 minutes
Hemir20 Say no more
Rusyn.. well he’s 25 and not as good.
Burstow 20 … not in same league
Ba? 20 …physically not at races
Rigg… different age group altogether and physically still light weight. Next season will be his moment I hope
Mundle 21 Not as good he’s just potential at 21 !
Hjelde aged 20 .. £2m makes Jobe look like deal of of the decade

Huggins 23 Patto 23 Cirkin 22 Ballard 24 Pembele 21 Selt 20 Hume 22 Alese .23 Styles 24 Neil 22 Ekwah 22

You look at his ability and physicality at 18 compared to every player on here, look at the minutes he’s played, the contribution he’s made.

Should he have played as much as he has, I don’t think so. But your assessment is based on something other than common sense?

SMH that we got him for only two million.

Back