*~*~* West Brom v Sunderland match thread *~*~*

Fans sounded tremendous on the radio, Barnes was loving it.
Benno was saying just before their man got sent off that the game has changed completely and is now boring, i agree with him all this passing across the back and backwards just boils my piss just as everyone back at corners, its so negative we were fast and flowing at the start of the season but it's horrible to watch for 80% of the game now.

Honestly not sure what is wrong with some of our fans, he's a young lad who has good games and some bad games but he will only get better. Yet you want to sell him with the first offer we get !!
100%...... He and Speakman are using the Club for their own benefit as I see it.
We definitely shouldn't be selling him, but I thought he had a poor game today and should have been substituted.
Just how many Good games has he had????

...nobody in their right mind would not take a win.🤷‍♂
Of course.

We've gone back to basics and whilst its not the swashbuckling stuff we were playing under Mowbray it's effective at the moment. I guess its akin to Alex Neil coming in, focusing on stopping conceding with such ease (Blackburn debacle aside) and focus on getting back to picking points up regularly. The confidence will come back and we'll start to play better football.

Of course.

We've gone back to basics and whilst its not the swashbuckling stuff we were playing under Mowbray it's effective at the moment. I guess its akin to Alex Neil coming in, focusing on stopping conceding with such ease (Blackburn debacle aside) and focus on getting back to picking points up regularly. The confidence will come back and we'll start to play better football.
There's 3 games to go, tbh mate, i would rather see have a go and not just sit back as much as we did first half. Leeds was an understandable set up.

He's not untouchable.

The club have highlighted him as a player worthy of our time, investment and development. You don't develop young players by keeping them out of the side.

He's going to be inconsistent, but fans need to be patient where our young players are concerned. It's about time fans accepted this and stop complaining about the same things over and over again.
He does seem to be though. All of them are young and they’re all inconsistent, Jobe seems to be more consistently inconsistent though. If SAFC want big sell on value then best bet is to put it all on Rigg
Only this forum would constantly slag off a lad just turned 18. Same posters seem to love Rusyn who cost twice as much and is 7 years old

Its just really really really weird.
I know we have a young side but first team footy at 7 has to be a global record?

Last edited:
He does seem to be though. All of them are young and they’re all inconsistent, Jobe seems to be more consistently inconsistent though. If SAFC want big sell on value then best bet is to put it all on Rigg

I know we have a young side but first team footy at 7 has to be a global record?
Rigg hasn't even signed a Pro deal. For all we know he could be off in the summer. If he signs a long term deal then yeah, I agree.

Back