Weekley Paul Merson Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
QPR v Sunderland

Logon or register to see this image

QPR have had a shocking start. They should never have lost to Hull in their opening game and then they went to Tottenham and got absolutely battered. I watched Sunderland in their first game at West Brom and they were second best by far that day, but then they were the better team against Man United last week. It’s a funny game this one and it’s any given Saturday, it really is. I don’t think QPR can afford to lose before the international break and be left on zero point for two weeks. I will back them to sneak it.

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-1

he really doesnt like us like :lol:

QPR v Sunderland

QPR have had a shocking start. They should never have lost to Hull in their opening game and then they went to Tottenham and got absolutely battered. I watched Sunderland in their first game at West Brom and they were second best by far that day, but then they were the better team against Man United last week. It’s a funny game this one and it’s any given Saturday, it really is. I don’t think QPR can afford to lose before the international break and be left on zero point for two weeks. I will back them to sneak it.

He gives an amazing incite into the workings of the game.

QPR v Sunderland

As I said last time, he is the worst gambler on the planet so its a great prediction for us.

Inisghtful as always. I seldom leave a Paul Merson thread without feeling I've learned a thing or two about the beautiful game.

Not even I can stand the thought of us losing. And I don't ever want to. As a result what he says cuts deep. It cuts even deeper when I you think Mark Lawrenson agrees with him. He goes for a 2-1 QPR win also. But cold hard facts are not on our side.

We did play well against Man United. But against West Bromwich Albion and against Birmingham I thought we were slow to get up to speed. In the case of WBA I don't know if we ever really did. Yes in the last 10-15 minutes of the Birmingham cup game we began to spearhead some meaningful pacey attack. But it took about 70 minutes for the players to cotton on to what it is they actually had to do to win the game. You have to wonder how many more times can we get away with it? Sometime soon we will pay the price for not attacking with chances from the outset and putting pressure on the opposition. We have been lucky so far but that luck will run out. It could easily come on Saturday against QPR.

What does 'any given Saturday' mean? Am I missing something?
It's a phrase that comes from the NFL, where they say 'on any given Sunday any team can beat anyone else' or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back