Watching derby game live in Batam

Status
Not open for further replies.

f***ing hell never ever thought they'd be mackems in Singapore
Mackem in Singapore reporting for duty. There are quite a few here, few Mags too (they even have their own "home" pub), some dirty Leeds, etc. Lovely place to live - expensive, but then so are the wages if you get the right job.....

Any makems in Singapore want to nip across to Batam there will be a few red and whites watching the match in Red Rose Nagoya
Love to nip across, but seeing as our lass is working all weekend and I've got the kids, I guess its not going to happen!

Mackem in Singapore reporting for duty. There are quite a few here, few Mags too (they even have their own "home" pub), some dirty Leeds, etc. Lovely place to live - expensive, but then so are the wages if you get the right job.....

Love to nip across, but seeing as our lass is working all weekend and I've got the kids, I guess its not going to happen!
Nee bother the timing is bad last ferry back is 21.30pm.
Aye that Penny Black I won't go in there, fuck them

Nee bother the timing is bad last ferry back is 21.30pm.
Aye that Penny Black I won't go in there, fuck them
Went in there once for lunch, didn't realise until we'd ordered - food was canny but drinks (soft ones as well!) were bloody expensive. Won't be back!

How long does it take to get there from orchard?
Bus or taxi down to the ferry terminal (near Changi Airport) - about 20 minutes, then its about 45 minute ferry I think? Could be wrong there like - all depends on ferry departure times.

Take ferry from Habour Front/Vivo takes 45mins
There we gan, I'm wrong! I thought you could only go from the ferry terminal at Changi? Only ever been to Bintan mind :lol:

Bus or taxi down to the ferry terminal (near Changi Airport) - about 20 minutes, then its about 45 minute ferry I think? Could be wrong there like - all depends on ferry departure times.

There we gan, I'm wrong! I thought you could only go from the ferry terminal at Changi? Only ever been to Bintan mind :lol:
Can go from that one but it only goes to Nongsa which is right out of the way, from Harbour you can go to Batu Ampar,Batam Centre, Sekupang. If going Nagoya is the Batu Ampar.
Any makems coming I would pick them up at ferry

Can go from that one but it only goes to Nongsa which is right out of the way, from Harbour you can go to Batu Ampar,Batam Centre, Sekupang. If going Nagoya is the Batu Ampar.
Any makems coming I would pick them up at ferry

I am there for three weeks over Easter so will be there for the next derby. Two years ago I watched it my room in the hotel so would prefer to get out and watch it. But I am a Sandy...so the lift offer may not be on!

10.30 in the morn here, just having me breaky then take wor lass to get the Christmas tree, just trying to keep busy till the morra

A big plastic one from the Nagoya Mall no doubt.
Like the sound of the pease pudding sarnies washed down with Bintang mind !

I am there for three weeks over Easter so will be there for the next derby. Two years ago I watched it my room in the hotel so would prefer to get out and watch it. But I am a Sandy...so the lift offer may not be on!
Come and watch it in the Red Rose Nagoya then, coming over on a job? oil and gas?

A big plastic one from the Nagoya Mall no doubt.
Like the sound of the pease pudding sarnies washed down with Bintang mind !
Nah, they only had small ones in Nagoya Hill, so I got one at Palm Springs

Nah, they only had small ones in Nagoya Hill, so I got one at Palm Springs

Enjoyed a few beers and a bite in your gaff about 4 years ago, you've got the place looking great. Sadly, before I discovered this joint so didn't realise you were an exile !

Enjoyed a few beers and a bite in your gaff about 4 years ago, you've got the place looking great. Sadly, before I discovered this joint so didn't realise you were an exile !
Been in there 7 years now, but work around S.E.Asia so not always there, aye the footy top collection has grown got some toppers

Been in there 7 years now, but work around S.E.Asia so not always there, aye the footy top collection has grown got some toppers

Spent 10 weeks in that Holiday Inn at the Waterfront (?) failed development in 2009. Nice hotel but that whole area is weird, a rusting ski slope ffs !!!?

Spent 10 weeks in that Holiday Inn at the Waterfront (?) failed development in 2009. Nice hotel but that whole area is weird, a rusting ski slope ffs !!!?
Aye went downhill that one, the island is picking up again now though, Marriott and Renaissance Hotels going up.

That's good to hear. Spent most of my time on the piste anyway.
As one does in Batam.
I got one mag coming tonight, canny lad and as always nee bother, there is a couple more mags but they will watch it in hiding elsewhere, dodgy ***** cos both plastic geordies one from Barnard Castle another from Edinburgh

As one does in Batam.
I got one mag coming tonight, canny lad and as always nee bother, there is a couple more mags but they will watch it in hiding elsewhere, dodgy ***** cos both plastic geordies one from Barnard Castle another from Edinburgh

Good lad. Have a great day, you're starting early mind !!
Fingers crossed.

Good lad. Have a great day, you're starting early mind !!
Fingers crossed.
It's 10am here, I won't go down the bar this afternoon if possible, will leave it till couple of hour before kick off, wor lass knows I will be a bit waspy till it actually starts.
Aye you have a great day and enjoy the match

Look at me etc etc etc
Revenge is a dish best served cold, haha

KO 20.30pm, I have knocked up some pies and the morra some ham and peas pud sarnies for the lads, will be a good neet
Now you talking. How's about DHL-ing a few over to Manila? Sounds like it's going to be good craic in Batam. Hopefully the lads will do the business.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back