Virgin Atlantic

I'll raise you alicante.

I was once talking to some BA crew in an airport hotel bar and they said their booziest flight was the departure from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia as it was always full of oil workers who hadn't had a drink in months so they had to carry extra. The drinks would be flowing as soon as the flight had left Saudi airspace.

Ever flown economy on a USA airline...? đź’©

I've flown American Airlines long haul economy, I thought they were better than KLM, Air France, Virgin and BA.

The beer selection on AA was vast which skews my view thoughts.

Air France by comparison ran out of cans about 5 hours into a 14 hour flight.

I'd echo what earlier posters have written. I can't afford the First Class fares anyway but it's worth upgrading from Economy to Premium Economy. There are only two seats on each side of the middle bit rather than three so a lot more space. Getting on first is nice too as you can sit with a glass of bubbles with a pretty much guaranteed space for your hand-luggage. The size of the bags some twats bring on is mental.

The staff have always been friendly and the food is reasonable. I only use them once a year to get to a conference but I always look forward to the flight rather than dreading it.

Flew Air France long haul ,lot's of good food and wine ! BA gone downhill, Virgin O.K. Best ever has been American Airlines, great seats,plenty of room ,good food . Easy attitutude for seating upgrades.đź‘Ť

Ever flown economy on a USA airline...? đź’©

Not too bad internationally but all US airlines are terrible in domestic economy even on transcontinental routes.

If flying to the US west coast, never ever, do a connection on the east coast no matter how cheap it is as you will have the hassle of doing the connection (in the US you have to clear customs at the first port of entry) and then have to suffer internal economy flights.

To be honest, I don't think there is much between the major carriers in Economy on long-haul transatlantic routes. You really need to head east to get the significantly higher standards of service from the Middle Eastern and Asian airlines.
We're flying Saudi Airlines to Mauritius later in the year and I'm dreading it tbh.

Not too bad internationally but all US airlines are terrible in domestic economy even on transcontinental routes.

If flying to the US west coast, never ever, do a connection on the east coast no matter how cheap it is as you will have the hassle of doing the connection (in the US you have to clear customs at the first port of entry) and then have to suffer internal economy flights.
flew to Portland via Seattle few years back, never again.

Back