Virgin Atlantic

Not really, the price of a Normal class ticket on BA is virtually the same as going Business or sometimes Upper on Virgin!

Virgin only have upper class not business? Although the equivalent of BA business
The BA lounges at Heathrow T3 and T5 are in desperate need of refurbishment (though T5B has already been done). Trouble is that they are so busy that there is never a good time to close them - they really should have been done when passenger numbers were low during the pandemic. The BA lounge at Gatwick is much better.

The trick at Heathrow is that if you are on a BA flight from T3 then you can use any of the OneWorld lounges (as long as you qualify) which gives you access to the Cathay Pacific and Qantas ones which are much better.
They are refurbishing them starting later this year but starting with arrivals lounge

Last edited:

Not really, the price of a Normal class ticket on BA is virtually the same as going Business or sometimes Upper on Virgin!

"Upper Class" is Virgin's Business product as is priced to match. It doesn't try to compete with other airline's First Class product.

Virgin's problem is that they have a relatively small route network compared to their main rivals and no shorthaul feeder network. Their rather brash styling doesn't appeal to everyone, though it has a fiercely loyal custom base - those who like Virgin, really like. it.

They are refurbishing them starting later this year but starting with arrivals lounge

Yes, so I hear but the whole programme is set to take 5 years

Flew Upper Class to Barbados a few years ago , it was average at best.
Cost us £4.7k return for two of us , the next year it went up to £12k

Borderline value for money at £4k , not a chance in hell of paying £12k

Emirates isn’t what it used to be flying from NCL either , it’s just another airline that’s lost its way.

Flew Upper Class to Barbados a few years ago , it was average at best.
Cost us £4.7k return for two of us , the next year it went up to £12k

Borderline value for money at £4k , not a chance in hell of paying £12k

Emirates isn’t what it used to be flying from NCL either , it’s just another airline that’s lost its way.
Emirates 777 planes are really average. A380 ones are probably the best you can fly in the world.

Emirates 777 planes are really average. A380 ones are probably the best you can fly in the world.

Yes, there is a huge difference on Emirates between the B777 and A380 services. Almost like flying different airlines. I actually prefer Emirates A380 Economy to BA's Premium Economy.

TBF I've only flown their 777 from Newcastle and it was okay but the 380 blows it out of the water for comfort.
The difference in quality between the updated and older models is mental though. I flew to Singapore with Emirates last year on a brand new refinished A380 and it was lovely, all modern materials and equipment. Came back on the return leg and it was ancient and very drab with crappy equipment. Contrast was staggering.

Agree with this.
Flew to Jamaica last year and upgraded us to premium.
It was spot on apart from about 6 Jamaicans, who delighted in treating the staff like dirt.

Throwing litter into the isles instead of keeping it until a bin round.
Dropping dirty nappies under the seats.
Putting bare feet up on top of the seat in front of them
Much down talking to the staff and making unreasonable demand (Like asking for their meal to be served later etc)
Leaving their seat areas looking like they'd been living in it for 9 months, not 9 hours.

As far as Virgin goes, they're much the same as any other really.
Same thing but Barbadians, putting feet on peoples headrests etc. Starting with the staff and others around them. Not sure what goes on in some peoples heads tbh.

I’m convinced they put their oldest 777 on the NCL route.

Service was poor last December when I flew with them.
Service used to be brilliant years ago when I flew with them from NCL. Never had a drink out your hand if you wanted one, couldn’t be more helpful.

Flew with them last August and they ran out of most drinks, never known that on an emirates flight before.

Service used to be brilliant years ago when I flew with them from NCL. Never had a drink out your hand if you wanted one, couldn’t be more helpful.

Flew with them last August and they ran out of most drinks, never known that on an emirates flight before.
Newcastle to DXB must be their biggest scratter flight they offer tbf. Probably sick of fake tits and teeth Jawdees acting up pissed on the flight.

Last December flying out of NCL I just wanted an orange juice , I ended up going down to the galley as I was sick of waiting.

There was a group of stewardesses standing talking so I asked politely if I could have an orange juice and one replied sharply we are serving food soon ,I replied that may be the case but I’d like a drink now please , it was clearly a problem for her to pour one .

Food wasn’t served till over half an hour later , which she would have been aware.

Poor customer service , as you say it wouldn’t have happened years ago.

Back