Vinicius Junior "feels less and less like playing..."

You read every other part of the story but the racist abuse which you've caveated under "if it's true".

It's hilarious the ends you go to to defend Spain's racist elements.

The matches in those leagues are streamed in a similar EFL Ifollow service.

So, imagine they'll review the footage and take it from there.

Raya Majadahonda were already down to 10 men, had just conceded to go 2-1 down.

It does seem strange to racially abuse someone when you've just scored to go 2-1 up but as I've said before, if it turns out to be true, then the person in question deserves a severe punishment.

You seem to think I'm defending racism when I'm clearly not 🤷🏼‍♂️

You read every other part of the story but the racist abuse which you've caveated under "if it's true".

It's hilarious the ends you go to to defend Spain's racist elements.

I acknowledge there are incidents of racism in Spain and totally condemn them but as mentioned many times before it's a minority like in other countries and doesn't represent the vast majority of Spanish football fans.
What on earth is this logic :lol:
The truth

The matches in those leagues are streamed in a similar EFL Ifollow service.

So, imagine they'll review the footage and take it from there.

Raya Majadahonda were already down to 10 men, had just conceded to go 2-1 down.

It does seem strange to racially abuse someone when you've just scored to go 2-1 up but as I've said before, if it turns out to be true, then the person in question deserves a severe punishment.

You seem to think I'm defending racism when I'm clearly not 🤷🏼‍♂️

Every other part of the story you've accepted as fact but the racist comments you've expressed doubt and twice stated "if true".

It does seem strange to start from a position of skeptical when someone claims they've been racially abused. The natural response would be to believe the victim.

Every other part of the story you've accepted as fact but the racist comments you've expressed doubt and twice stated "if true".

It does seem strange to start from a position of skeptical when someone claims they've been racially abused. The natural response would be to believe the victim.

Natural response would be to believe the victim? Since when? Unless there is clear evidence this happened then isn't it a case of innocent until proven guilty?

Obviously, something has triggered the goalkeeper to react like that.

As I said, the match was streamed live so they'll have footage at that end to see what exactly went on and if someone has made a racist remark then they deserve a strong punishment.

Don't really get your issue with my comments, which are all based on facts, when I'm totally against and condemning racist behaviour 🤷🏼‍♂️

He's definitely doing mental gymnastics to defend spain just because he lives there, it just shows a lack of integrity.

There is no doubt about it, racism in Spain is worse than other western European countries. Obviously a minority of fans are racist but the rest of them don't condemn it or consider it as completely unacceptable on the level we do in this country.

Natural response would be to believe the victim? Since when? Unless there is clear evidence this happened then isn't it a case of innocent until proven guilty?

Obviously, something has triggered the goalkeeper to react like that.

As I said, the match was streamed live so they'll have footage at that end to see what exactly went on and if someone has made a racist remark then they deserve a strong punishment.

Don't really get your issue with my comments, which are all based on facts, when I'm totally against and condemning racist behaviour 🤷🏼‍♂️

We're not in a court of law. No-one has pointed the finger at a specific fan and claimed they were racist.

But quite why you wouldn't believe that someone was racially abused if they said they were is baffling to me.

When someone says they were robbed or assaulted do you tell them to prove it before you believe them?

He's definitely doing mental gymnastics to defend spain just because he lives there, it just shows a lack of integrity.

There is no doubt about it, racism in Spain is worse than other western European countries. Obviously a minority of fans are racist but the rest of them don't condemn it or consider it as completely unacceptable on the level we do in this country.

Clubs get fined by La Liga for racist and offensive chants, the clubs identify them and ban and also fine them.

Athletic Bilbao had a section of fans that chant a song La Liga considers to be an Anti-Spain song. Every time it was sung, the club was fined €6000. The club pleaded to stop singing it otherwise there would be consequences. They didn't so several fans were banned and fined.

As mentioned before, incidents of racism occur in Spain like many other countries. However, it is not as widespread as people on here and British press are making it out to be.
We're not in a court of law. No-one has pointed the finger at a specific fan and claimed they were racist.

But quite why you wouldn't believe that someone was racially abused if they said they were is baffling to me.

When someone says they were robbed or assaulted do you tell them to prove it before you believe them?

The goalkeeper singled out a person and grabbed them by the scarf around the neck? Sounds like singling out to me.

If they said something racist then they should be strongly punished.

If someone reports a case here, it gets investigated. If it's proven to be true, the culprit gets charged.

Been numerous cases over here of rape, mugging, assault allegations which when investigated turned out to be untrue and the alleged victim admitted to making it up.

1) I'm defending the vast majority of Spanish football fans who are being labelled racists when they're not.

2) I'm condemning the minority of idiots who make racist comments

3) Racist comments are condemned by people in Spain and aren't considered as acceptable
Clubs get fined by La Liga for racist and offensive chants, the clubs identify them and ban and also fine them.

Athletic Bilbao had a section of fans that chant a song La Liga considers to be an Anti-Spain song. Every time it was sung, the club was fined €6000. The club pleaded to stop singing it otherwise there would be consequences. They didn't so several fans were banned and fined.

As mentioned before, incidents of racism occur in Spain like many other countries. However, it is not as widespread as people on here and British press are making it out to be.

The goalkeeper singled out a person and grabbed them by the scarf around the neck? Sounds like singling out to me.

If they said something racist then they should be strongly punished.

If someone reports a case here, it gets investigated. If it's proven to be true, the culprit gets charged.

Been numerous cases over here of rape, mugging, assault allegations which when investigated turned out to be untrue and the alleged victim admitted to making it up.

1) I'm defending the vast majority of Spanish football fans who are being labelled racists when they're not.

2) I'm condemning the minority of idiots who make racist comments

3) Racist comments are condemned by people in Spain and aren't considered as acceptable

Some instances of clubs being punished for offensive chants.

La Liga is probably much stricter than the premier league when it comes to offensive chants. It's something they are trying really hard to clamp out. It is true that Spanish fans are probably noisier than English fans in stadiums but a lot of that noise is insults to players and referees or just generally getting their frustrations off their chest.

They don't have as many supporting chants for their own teams as English teams do.

Sadly, a minority take offensive chanting to the next level which is when it becomes racist chanting.

Do the premier league and EFL punish offensive chanting?

Last edited:
Yes, the natural response is to believe the victim which is totally different to innocent until proven guilty.

If someone has been burgled, would you say to them ‘innocent until proven guilty, can’t criticise anybody yet’?

Last edited:
Highlights of the Sestao River - Rayo Majadahonda game. Referee seems terrible.

Latest updates:

Rayo captain and goalkeeper went to local police station upon abandonment to report racist abuse. Conflicting statements claim it was 1 person, 4 people to a whole stand behind the goal.

Sestao fans claim no racist insults were made. They say goalkeeper was angry at conceding a second goal, decides to kick a water bottle in anger. A fan behind the goals says "now you'll hurry up" after constant time wasting since they were reduced to ten players earlier in the game. Apparently reacted to this comment having received constant abuse for his time wasting and jumped over the advertising board grabbing a male fan by the scarf around his neck. Referee sends him off for his actions and then he tries to have a go for the referee. Rayo players walk off and refuse to continue game.

Sestao club president indicates there appears to be no evidence of racism in initial investigation. However, if it's proven to be true, it will be dealt with in the most severe way reiterating their stance against racism.

Was a big match at the bottom of the table. Rayo Majadahonda bottom and Sestao River 3rd bottom with only a few points between them.

Last edited:
FWIW I live in Spain too - Catalonia - and I don’t know if the people are more racist than the UK or not but they are more overtly racist.

There’s a lot more comments about moros and chinos in everyday life. In football, there seems to be an incident on a weekly basis.

“Woke Talibans” :lol:

We’re about here now

Logon or register to see this image
Is ageism now part of the ultra woke moral code?
FWIW I live in Spain too - Catalonia - and I don’t know if the people are more racist than the UK or not but they are more overtly racist.

There’s a lot more comments about moros and chinos in everyday life. In football, there seems to be an incident on a weekly basis.
Here I agree with you. Maybe English people are more discreet about it.

Last edited:
Enjoying the fact that we’re just ignoring the Seville stuff
If you look back on my posts on this thread I think you will find that I have already mentioned that overt racism is more prevalent here. In general it's getting better - certainly compared to the situation exemplified by the infamous Luis Aragonés outburst - which now would be unthinkable in public life.

Back