Uber taxi apps and their ilk.

• Thread starter Left Breathless
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Miles better than who?
The Council control Taxi prices.
Whos blackening their name? It may well be theyre a good service however Its a giant company thats going to put local companies out of business thats a fact whether you like it or not (clearly you do) once the locals are gone theyll hike the prices "guaranteed"

I went to York races in May, got a taxi at the train station and the meter started at £5.50, is that the councils doing?

Miles better than who?
Whos blackening their name? It may well be theyre a good service however Its a giant company thats going to put local companies out of business thats a fact whether you like it or not (clearly you do) once the locals are gone theyll hike the prices "guaranteed"

Normal cabs.

You never know when they will turn up, sometimes can't get through on the phone to even book one. Then you have to explain where you want to go and its hit and miss as to which way they will go. Fare is largely unknown. Etc..

Local cabs are blackening their name, any one I have been in which has mentioned Uber has had the same shit crack...they are unlicensed, they are expensive, they are unreliable..

From what I have seen from Uber in a number of different countries, they are miles better (pun intended) than local cabs.

I went to York races in May, got a taxi at the train station and the meter started at £5.50, is that the councils doing?
If it was a licensed Taxi yes, the Councils control all Taxi fares in their Boroughs throughout the country the only way they can be cheaper is if they turn them off.

Miles better than who?

Pretty poor show that mate then they deserve all they get. Hopefully most firms arent like that the ones who are fuck em.

So who's the cabbie - you or your fatha?

Normal cabs.

You never know when they will turn up, sometimes can't get through on the phone to even book one. Then you have to explain where you want to go and its hit and miss as to which way they will go. Fare is largely unknown. Etc..

Local cabs are blackening their name, any one I have been in which has mentioned Uber has had the same shit crack...they are unlicensed, they are expensive, they are unreliable..

From what I have seen from Uber in a number of different countries, they are miles better (pun intended) than local cabs.
Then Sunderland must have really bad Taxis not my experience of them though (i dont live there but have used them) Station really looked after my Dad when he was to and from hospital.

So who's the cabbie - you or your fatha?
My Dad is disabled mate ive driven Taxis for over 20 years not in Sunderland though.

Then Sunderland must have really bad Taxis not my experience of them though (i dont live there but have used them) Station really looked after my Dad when he was to and from hospital.

My Dad is disabled mate ive driven Taxis for over 20 years not in Sunderland though.

Not talking just Sunderland mate, all over the country and world.

Uber is just next level for consumer convenience which is what we want. Needs to be as easy as possible.

Not talking just Sunderland mate, all over the country and world.

Uber is just next level for consumer convenience which is what we want. Needs to be as easy as possible.
Is that the Royal we?

There's a clear reason why taxis are getting peppered. I feel sorry for cabbies losing out but were you shouting from the hill tops defending journalists and postmen when the Internet kicked off?
Ive got nothing personally against Uber all ive been saying is that the playing field should be level. If its fair competition (it patently isnt when they can give free rides or under a tenner rides whatever their gimmick was etc wonder whos pocket that came out of?) and they pay their Taxes in this country then good luck to them i wont hold my breath though.

Ive got nothing personally against Uber all ive been saying is that the playing field should be level. If its fair competition (it patently isnt when they can give free rides or under a tenner rides whatever their gimmick was etc wonder whos pocket that came out of?) and they pay their Taxes in this country then good luck to them i wont hold my breath though.

Tbf could local firms not offer incentives/rewards to entice/retain customers?

Do they not pay tax in this country like mate? If not then I'll not use them again.

Tbf could local firms not offer incentives/rewards to entice/retain customers?
Put it like this if Joe Bloggs corner shop is up against Tesco do they drop their prices and work for nowt just to compete? How long do they keep that up for?
The Council sets Taxi fares, they could work off the meter (not sure of the legality of doing that?) i suppose, but again for how long? A Global Company is taking on local businesses only one winner there im afraid. Stagecoach did this in Scotland years ago with buses wiped out all the smaller companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back