Tyne Tees News just now

Anyway, I hope TTTV have to mention them as they surge up the table. They are playing some fantastic football this year and I am getting quite excited by what I have seen so far.

I’m not saying loyal Sunderland fans don’t come from Gateshead, I know loads from teams.

I am saying more chance of Newcastle fans going to watch Gateshead than Sunderland fans who would.

I know Gateshead has a loyal Sunderland following.

And the PR team didn’t help wishing the mags luck at Wembley, surely that should have pissed the heed die hard fans off?
[/QUOTE just like to see Gateshead do well 👍

Gateshead playing some great stuff, always getting ignored been that way for years even ignored by the people of Gateshead.
Tyne tees is based in baldheed too
Defund the bbc
Williamson has gateshead playing great football. Think the pools loss was what they needed, had about 85% of the ball but did nowt and lost in the last minute, been scoring for fun since
He is
Meanwhile the team who is doing best of all in the non leagues, South Shields, doesn’t get any mention at all.
League below though

Last edited:

That shows Gateshead in a higher league position than Hartlepool have ever achieved. You can try and prove me wrong but best of luck mate....
That’s Gateshead AFC. It’s a massive reach that I’m not buying for the present club to claim a legacy connection to them. I’d allow you one at a pinch to Gateshead United, but their origins were in the South Shields club that existed alongside the old Gateshead AFC for about four decades in the middle of the last century so that just reinforces a separateness.

That’s Gateshead AFC. It’s a massive reach that I’m not buying for the present club to claim a legacy connection to them. I’d allow you one at a pinch to Gateshead United, but their origins were in the South Shields club that existed alongside the old Gateshead AFC for about four decades in the middle of the last century so that just reinforces a separateness.
Also if you are going to claim that legacy that Gateshead is unambiguously the same club that finished 6th in Division 2 in 1922 as South Shields so you’re under claiming.

I have watched 4 games via the National League Streams (not been to a live game yet but normaly try and watch them away a few times a season) and they are playing some fantastic attacking football. They have the best goal difference of any team in the top 5 tiers of English football so far this season. Not worth a mention on ITV though.

Nobody said it was 'traumatic' but imagine if they missed Sunderland off the results and mentioned Harrogate, Carlisle and Pools?

It's amatuer stuff from them.
They hardly mentioned the England v Scotland match at the SOL and that was International news. Bunch of divs.

That's completely untrue. The Heed fans are the ones on Tyneside who see the bigger picture and do not support the Mags.

That's why I don't understand Sunderland fans who look down on or want Gateshead to lose. Gateshead fans are the ones who are not mags and their hard core hate the mags more than your average Sunderland fan does.
Yes. Good post.
Sensible Heed fans know it was Sunlun who supported them in their re-election year of 1960
Those north of the Tyne didn't support them

League below though

I disagree. We are a League below the mags but I reckon we are doing better than they are given what we both have in to work with. You expect them to be in the Champions League and in the Premiership with the money they spend and the kind players they have. You don’t expect a team to be 4th in the Championship or anywhere near the top half with the money we spend and the kind of players we have. No team in this division or any for that matter should be so high up and winning with cheap, young and inexperienced players.

I wouldn’t swap their position for ours for anything.

Back