Top 5 Sunderland assists

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Kay's swerving cross to Marco Gabbiandini to power in a head off the Man City crossbar 1991

Hendersons cross against Wigan to set up Gyan to finish on Gyans debut, cracking delivery

Superb cross and excellent finish. Showed what Gyan was capable of. We were down to 10 men as well that match iirc. Plus it was only a bloody late dflected goal that got them the equaliser!:evil:

That was Malbranque wasn't it?

Got me doubting myself.

The way I remember it was, first game of season under Bruce. Cattermole, Cana & Bent debut's.

Cattermole pegs it down the left and puts in a class cross to Bent at far post who climbed on the defender and trickled in. 1-0 final score.

Have I reinvented history?

Got me doubting myself.

The way I remember it was, first game of season under Bruce. Cattermole, Cana & Bent debut's.

Cattermole pegs it down the left and puts in a class cross to Bent at far post who climbed on the defender and trickled in. 1-0 final score.

Have I reinvented history?
Yes.

For me personally the best Sunderland assist has got to be Andy Reids superb long-range pass across the pitch for Daryl Murphy when he scored that screamer against Wigan - I recall it was Andy Reids debut aswel.

I once got caught somewhat late in the Howard, Roker Avenue just before a Roker Park match (Leicester City I think) by a girl with long slender fingers.

She assisted me away from the bar and a half finished pint, then on to happiness round the back, followed by a lurching, unsteady journey to the Fulwell End

Best assist I can recall.

Pics? You must be joking. It would have to be a daguerrotype.

Gray for Quinns header against the scum. The energy of the lad to still have enough in the tank to get down the wing and put that ball across, brilliant.

Superb cross and excellent finish. Showed what Gyan was capable of. We were down to 10 men as well that match iirc. Plus it was only a bloody late dflected goal that got them the equaliser!:evil:
Aye cattermole sent off in first half

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back