Today's boxing - plenty on, starting from 11am (Parker, Haye, Briggs, 3 154 lb world titles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

He did indeed, and won one in his third fight. Absolutely legendary amateur - won around 3 gold medals in the Olympics.
Lomachenkos next fight is for the junior lightweight wbo belt, if he wins it will mean in 7 fights he's won two world titles in two different weights. Absolutely mental. :lol:

Most journeymen don't want to win, they're not paid to be a threat. Their job is giving ring time to "up and comers" while not getting hurt, they don't get hurt, they can get paid again next month.
Yeah, @ChrisAshley - most know if they do threaten more than they 'should' then they won;t get the call the next week.

Mind, they do often get on the wrong end of bad decisions, again as you would expect against home fighters. If you trawl through Boxrec and see 57-56 type scorecards in 6 rounders or 39-38 in 4 rounders then more times than not they will have won but not got the decision.

Lomachenkos next fight is for the junior lightweight wbo belt, if he wins it will mean in 7 fights he's won two world titles in two different weights. Absolutely mental. :lol:
He's fantastic mate. They were trying to get him in with Nicolas Walters (who beat Donaire) recently but talks broke down over Waltes purse. So many talented fighters turning over from Russia / Ukraine - In a few years most champs will be from that region IMO. Bivol who fought tonight, Usyk etc. Most seem to be in the light-heavyweight and cruiserweight divisions so they are two classes to look out for in the coming years.

That Sophia lass doing some interviews was a total wad like.

And the black commentator from five live should be on sky ( cant remember his name, weird name iirc ) highlight was him instantly remembering ray Leonard dropping Benitez with a jab.

I can't be doing with the briggs fight.

Sounds nowt like Nirvana.
I think I meant grime, not grunge. Maybe? I don't f***ing know, I'm thirty something, white and from the north!

anyone noticed they spelt Switzerland as Swtizerland on the intro there?

magnificent night of comedy
I might be wrong here, but I'm sure I heard the announcer claim Haye was a former welterweight champ?

Grime not grunkge. Ffs.
Believe it or not, my phone actually autocorrects grime to grunge!

:lol: Least said the better really as was always gonna be the case. Absolutely no point whatsoever. But if he can shift tickets and get paid reasonably well for fighting these kind of stiffs then good for him i suppose.
You have to give it to Haye, he's managed to make a fortune putting on absolutely terrible fights. It's a big arena, lots of people are paying money to watch this shit.

Last edited:
That Sophia lass doing some interviews was a total wad like.

And the black commentator from five live should be on sky ( cant remember his name, weird name iirc ) highlight was him instantly remembering ray Leonard dropping Benitez with a jab.

I can't be doing with the briggs fight.
Sophia Di Stefano and Ronald McIntosh. Been reading some say they could see Haye-Briggs being chief support to AJ's next PPV in September and i can see that happening as well.

Sophia Di Stefano and Ronald McIntosh. Been reading some say they could see Haye-Briggs being chief support to AJ's next PPV in September and i can see that happening as well.
Née chance....Ronald is absolute quality, proper.

Main reason I don't want to see briggs versus haye will be listening to that boring repetitive curnt briggs and that weird nasal voice he has....ffs

Reactions: PTR
Odds for some upcoming fights:

Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

Honestly, why do people bother any more?
I like the 0/1 odds on Callum Smith. I put nothing on so I want my £1

Boxing hasn't been the same for years. It's all mates sorting fights out so they can cash in.
It's hard work to get the right fight going becaus they want to milk it for as long as possible then by the time the fight comes round they're both old and on the fall anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back