Tim Bostock on Sky’s County Chanpionship preview vodcast

I didnt like his comments, but he has done a lot of good for Durham, we are in a strong position on and off the field, lets not throw the baby out with the bath water.

An interesting watch. Gives some context to the recently reported Luddite comments which were not made recently allegedly.

I still have grave reservations about 'a big investor' though.

If its the Saudis, I am out, and I'd be absolutey gutted.

I think its bound to be.

BTW, who actually owns Durham right now? Anyone help.
I think it certainly looks that way.

The vile ***** are about to get their tentacles into English Rugby Union too. Unfortunately there are too many greedy pigs with their noses in various troughs who will put money above morals.

Not sure if it’s accurate

Interesting thanks, rings a bell now I see some of the names, we got investment 10/15 years back if I remember.

Brilliant that mind

Nass and ath praising the club. Bostock spoke very well, anyone criticising him should listen to this

Last edited:
If Saudis/Staveley/Reubens get involved in Durham CCC shit needs to hit the fan amongst the fanbase and members.
Unfortunately, if pi$$ing of all 3,000 existing members attracts 6,000 new faces into the ground which way would you expect the non-member owned cub to jump? Just like a lot of commercial enterprises (e.g. banks and insurance companies) getting new customers trumps keeping existing customers happy. I think recent interactions with members show that the club's interest in what members think is on the wain. I'm referring to the sharing details of the hotel development 30 minutes before the meeting with the general public and the non-interactive nature of the recent <60 minute meet the players event.

Although it grieves me to say it, if Saudi money comes in or if our white ball shirts change to black & white stripes I'm out.

Unfortunately, if pi$$ing of all 3,000 existing members attracts 6,000 new faces into the ground which way would you expect the non-member owned cub to jump? Just like a lot of commercial enterprises (e.g. banks and insurance companies) getting new customers trumps keeping existing customers happy. I think recent interactions with members show that the club's interest in what members think is on the wain. I'm referring to the sharing details of the hotel development 30 minutes before the meeting with the general public and the non-interactive nature of the recent <60 minute meet the players event.

Although it grieves me to say it, if Saudi money comes in or if our white ball shirts change to black & white stripes I'm out.
It’s going to happen imo. They won’t get another penny from me if it does.

Very interesting what he said about the covid times. I know i mentioned on here when we eventually came out of the restrictions that there where people at Durham who where surprised how it was more economical to play behind locked doors than to have spectators turning up and the facilities they had to lay on.
Probably the reason why Durham where so slow to get things moving forward after the lockdowns.
The way Bostock was talking it even sounds like covid was a godsend to the buisness side of Durham C.C. Which is a bit worrying.

Have we really 3,000 members? then where are they for the CC games, i dont think ive ever seen anywhere close to that number when ive been

Is that including Junior Members, T20 Season ticket holders? what do we think split is Between us and Newcastle Supporters? 70-30, still a decent portion to alienate

Last edited:
I'd just stop going.
im slightly Torn, ive been going to Durham games since the move to the Riverside as Junior member, where i live is split 50/50, my best mate is a Mag and weve gone to Durham games together since 92/93

Yes i go to Sunderland games when i can, to be honest my love of Cricket and Durham outweighs my love of Sunderland and football, might stick in the throat a little, but if the investment makes Durham stronger i might just have to get on with it,

i could be wrong but id doubt very much Newcastle or Black and White would be used to identify the club in any way

Back