This season reminds me of Bruce's last

Status
Not open for further replies.

One huge issue is that we have too many players getting up to speed. Although he had a good end to the season, Wickham has not played that many games as a loan premiership forward. Alvarez seems to have good feet and can turn a player or two, but needs some time. Rodwell was a huge improvement and got his first 90 minutes. Giac looked pretty good for the first time this season and 2 years ago we saw Fletcher could bang them in - there is still hope there but I do not think he is a loan striker. Gomez and Jones have not broken through yet.

In a few games time, at least 4 of the above will make this look like a very different team.

If PVAs shot had gone in, we would not be having this discussion and be a comfortable 10th.

Isn't that a problem for most clubs? And I would say we're pretty lucky with injuries so far. With Brown/O'Shea and Catts out we could look even worse.

as manager.

On paper a pretty decent team but in practice we were toothless up top but organised defensively and just didn't win many games, hovering 15-17th for the majority of the season until Bruce got the sack.

The old line 'don't panic, we have winnable games coming up' was trotted out every week and the wins never came.

This season looks to be shaping up as a scramble from 8th-20th, we need to get our home form back from a few years ago and finally start beating team around us.

:lol::lol::lol:

We were bottom this time last season man with one point
Jesus wept
That doesn't mean we should all just be happy now though hank marra. We look very poor going forward, but not as shite as last year. Thats not a reason for no one to have concerns.

I actually trust Gus' ability to shuffle his pack into a winning one over the course of time . Weird I know , but I do
Thats probably my biggest downside to him tbh mate. He sticks with how he wants to play, even though we look like creating nothing. I like poyet, he seems very honest and I like how he comes across and is trying to give us an identity. If I'm honest, I don't like how we set up with wingers that constantly tuck in and having a fullback like vergini as our main attacking outlet. I like how we pass the ball and try to keep it, but would love to see us mix it up a bit. Can't remember many times seeing our wingers whipping crosses in, actually giving our striker something to go at. We are too cautious and let poor teams like qpr and burnley settle into games. We never have a real goand leave it to late to do anything abou it. Hopefully that will come, but not sure thats his style. Not wanting anything drastic or calling for any heads, just passing an opinion.

Last edited:
If anyone says they predict how this season is going to pan out then your kidding yourself.

Every team in the league can give you a game. If some of the wins have to come against the so called better teams then so be it.

Gone are the days where you can just expect to turn over the bottom 5/6 teams at home imo. You have to battle for points every which way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back