This season reminds me of Bruce's last

Status
Not open for further replies.

You get the same berks with the typical 'Bedwetter', 'Only five games in man' comments, saw them under Di Canio last season and during MON's dreadful tenure.

So when do we start worrying? When we're 10 games in and we still haven't won a game?

Our draws at Burnley and the Baggies are decent results, stopping relegation rivals from picking up 3 points at home.
The performances are worrying, however. No-one can deny we haven't clicked yet. But I think it'll come.

You get the same berks with the typical 'Bedwetter', 'Only five games in man' comments, saw them under Di Canio last season and during MON's dreadful tenure.

So when do we start worrying? When we're 10 games in and we still haven't won a game?
We were alot worse under MON and PDC though. This season the only game we've been bad in is Spurs at home.

We were alot worse under MON and PDC though. This season the only game we've been bad in is Spurs at home.
You must have missed yesterday, we looked devoid of ideas. What about our awful defensive display vs West Brom? We didn't play particularly well against QPR either.

It is early to start drawing any conclusions about how this seasons going to pan out. Gus needs to find his best team soon though and Tuesday nights game could be useful for this purpose. Whether it's the introduction of Jones, Gomez, Coates, Buckley or even Danny Graham I don't know but we"ve got to start creating more chances.

Tbh we've been lacking attacking ideas since the time of Bruce's last season and yet very little has been done to remedy that situation since then.

We're 17th after 5 games.

We've played the teams directly around us,West Brom, Burnley and QPR. We couldn't beat any of them. Anyone who thinks that something is magically going to change and that well somehow end up mid table is deluded.

How is one place off relegation after playing 3 of the worst teams in the league after 5 games a decent start?

Are you ever positive?

Are you ever positive?
Seems like everyone's forgotten the end of last season!
Beating Chelsea at Stamford Bridge ffs!
Our home form should be our strength. The two teams we've played so far will both be in the shake up for the Champions League and they were two canny games where we scored 3 goals.
My only gripe with Gus is that he should have stuck Connor up front from the start but I can understand why he tried Fletcher out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back