The Witcher 3

Only played it for a couple of hours yesterday but I'm having withdrawls already

Thinking about doing a load of side quests tonight before taking on the griffin

Played a few hours tonight, just wandered around each ? On the map, I've done a load and I'm only level 2 100xp from 3

Some of the quest recommendations seem off, I did a lvl 4 and 6 quest without much problem although I am only playing on normal

What difficulty levels are people playing on?
Started on normal but got stuck on a baddie and the loading screens were seriously irritating me. So whacked it down to the easiest and now I'm just blasting through it, loving the story. I haven't got 100 hours to put into a game so I like to just zoom through them on easy. More like an interactive film tbh.

Started on normal but got stuck on a baddie and the loading screens were seriously irritating me. So whacked it down to the easiest and now I'm just blasting through it, loving the story. I haven't got 100 hours to put into a game so I like to just zoom through them on easy. More like an interactive film tbh.
Hmm, won't be getting it for a while but not sure what to do.

Hands down the best game I've ever played
Spent about 30 hours so far, only level 13 and addicted to Gwent

Can't stop playing it man, had some time off recently and it's taking up 50% of my day

Hands down the best game I've ever played
Spent about 30 hours so far, only level 13 and addicted to Gwent

Can't stop playing it man, had some time off recently and it's taking up 50% of my day
I don't get Gwent. Any good tutorials online? The ingame one was shit

Hmm, won't be getting it for a while but not sure what to do.
I play on the second hardest difficulty and its a good challenge. As long as you make regular and rolling saves you're fine. I like the enemy being tough because it's good to learn how to beat them. 90% of the time if you go storming in you'll get your arse handed to you.

You need to learn how to fight to their weakness using potions etc and more importantly roll and dodge, waiting for the perfect moment to strike. If you attack from behind for example you do more damage, same happens you your character aswell though so you need to be careful.

Last edited:
What difficulty levels are people playing on?

Aye, I'm on the second hardest too "Blood and Broken Bones", I read a review just before release saying that the gameplay on the whole is relatively easy so you should bump it up 1 level from what you normally play on. Seeing as though most games I go for "Normal" difficulty I thought I would go for it. Enjoying it immensely.

I got my arse handed to me by these beach/sea creatures by the ruined village. I thought I'd have a plodge in the water and they burrowed out of the sand. I tried to fight them but one hit took half my health so I turned and ran bay watch style only I ran straight into another two who burrowed up and stopped my hoff moment :cry:
:lol:

I've just got it on Normal level. Finding it hard and easy at the same time. Knacked the Griffon without breaking a sweat (just roll behind it and attack then get out of there and repeat). Has a basic attack pattern that it just seemed to repeat till it died.

On the other hand, been kicked to fuck a few times when stuff swarms me and I cannot dodge out of the way. Was fighting some level 9-14's last night and beating them (tho not all at once!) tho it took fkn ages. Then got my arse handed to me off a group of those little gibbering things.

Hate ranged fuckers. Shit a brick on more than one occasion when an arrow just flies into you with a git f***ing THUD from accross the map. Love how you can see them coming, fast and true. Gives you a right shock! Piss me off tho when I'm in combat and some twats just keep thudding arrows into me from nowhere :evil:

Class game. on the 2nd bit and mooching around the areas getting the ?'s. Quite a bit of the stuff is too high a level for me tho at the moment.

I've just got it on Normal level. Finding it hard and easy at the same time. Knacked the Griffon without breaking a sweat (just roll behind it and attack then get out of there and repeat). Has a basic attack pattern that it just seemed to repeat till it died.

On the other hand, been kicked to fuck a few times when stuff swarms me and I cannot dodge out of the way. Was fighting some level 9-14's last night and beating them (tho not all at once!) tho it took fkn ages. Then got my arse handed to me off a group of those little gibbering things.

Hate ranged fuckers. Shit a brick on more than one occasion when an arrow just flies into you with a git f***ing THUD from accross the map. Love how you can see them coming, fast and true. Gives you a right shock! Piss me off tho when I'm in combat and some twats just keep thudding arrows into me from nowhere :evil:

Class game. on the 2nd bit and mooching around the areas getting the ?'s. Quite a bit of the stuff is too high a level for me tho at the moment.

Nekkers? They are like little ninja's jumping about all over, easy to kill when on there own but a few of them together and it's proper hard. I think I'm the same as you, normal difficulty and kick the fuck out of most things but every now and then I get brayed

Back