The police operation yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thought getting into the ground yesterday was shocking to be honest. Bottle necked our fans down past the coaches and had about 5 unmanned turnstiles with the stewards keeping everyone back and people getting crushed against the barriers. Either open more turnstiles or have people on them, cos half the tickets didn't seem to scan. The cricket club was good atmosphere before the game and didn't see any bother but there was a bit of an atmosphere after with so many police around too and getting away from the ground took ages. Saw what looked like a group of young lads in stone island gear arguing and chucking stuff at some other fans in a car on the road near Tesco when we were driving away. One was holding his hand like he'd hit someone. They did it in front of an ambulance though that was in front of us blocking our full view so they prob just radio'd the police who were on it in seconds. Not sure if it was our lads causing it or in the car driving away, hard to tell

Complete over the top policing at York station after the match too.

They created a dangerous bottle neck, which caused some inevitable pushing and shoving, which led to a lad I know getting lifted for doing jack shit.

I go to games on my own and the ones in which I have to walk anywhere (Getting a train rather then getting a coach for example) always worries me slightly but I have to say the police presence before the game was excellent (the manner they policed too)

The turnstiles at the place was a f***ing disaster... loads of our fans missed the start of the game and that wasn't the fault of the police it was the ground. Wasnt good enough.

After the game when walking back to the station I didnt see any police presence at all (apart from at Tescos and the station itself) I didnt experience any knuckle draggers but speaking to a few sets of our fans they had. I think Burnley seems to have a nasty element and the police are there to stop that... if its a weekly thing. (I was told dont go into the town centre in colours for example)

Thought getting into the ground yesterday was shocking to be honest. Bottle necked our fans down past the coaches and had about 5 unmanned turnstiles with the stewards keeping everyone back and people getting crushed against the barriers. Either open more turnstiles or have people on them, cos half the tickets didn't seem to scan. The cricket club was good atmosphere before the game and didn't see any bother but there was a bit of an atmosphere after with so many police around too and getting away from the ground took ages. Saw what looked like a group of young lads in stone island gear arguing and chucking stuff at some other fans in a car on the road near Tesco when we were driving away. One was holding his hand like he'd hit someone. They did it in front of an ambulance though that was in front of us blocking our full view so they prob just radio'd the police who were on it in seconds. Not sure if it was our lads causing it or in the car driving away, hard to tell

They were Sunderland mate. I walked past them and they we just standing in the middle of the road, stopping traffic for whatever reason.

I thought the coppers were spot-on and stayed on the ale in Burnley until 8.15 and saw no hint of bother at all (apart from two of ours at half-time). Good people are Burnley folk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back