The police operation yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helicopter flying about both before and after.

Loads of dibble knocking around in town beforehand.

Came out to see the coaches parked up to form a barrier , then walked around the corner to go to the car to find ourselves behind one of those portable barriers that blocked the road off , walked up to that and just slipped past the police who were to busy looking at the Burnley fans.

A tad over the top or where they expecting anything to kick off ?

Never seen anything like that apart from the derby matches , or is it me just getting old ?

Came out to see the coaches parked up to form a barrier , then walked around the corner to go to the car to find ourselves behind one of those portable barriers that blocked the road off , walked up to that and just slipped past the police who were to busy looking at the Burnley fans.

Never seen anything like that apart from the derby matches , or is it me just getting old ?

4000 pissed Sunderland fans. It was probably best to be pro-active rather than reactive. Getting in and out of the ground was ridiculous but that was due to Turf Moor layout and I thought the crowd management with that in mind was decent enough.

I'd rather they give us 4000 and police it with large numbers than give us 2,100 to save them deploying large numbers.

I was thinking it was a bit over the top like, we just walked through them barriers and nowt was said, dont know why they were there, dont think there was any hint of bother all day that i saw

There was a lad in a mags shirt in that Charter Walk shopping centre....he was loitering around the Greggs shop when we went in for a pre-match steakbake..

There was a lad in a mags shirt in that Charter Walk shopping centre....he was loitering around the Greggs shop when we went in for a pre-match steakbake..

heard he (or another lad dressed as a barcode) took a hiding before the game. There was another mag sat on the wall outside his flat when the buses departed.

At the end of the game they were letting fans out of a disabled exit then as soon as head towards that exit they decided to stop this as it was a safety hazard even though they already let out about 500 non disabled fans through that exit which then didn't go down well with the 500 or so other fans waiting to go through this exit, no consistency from the police inside the ground led to problems

Thought it appeared over the top. Police will say no issues therefore successful. Unsure who they were there for, us or them? Never mind the G4S lot. I'm getting old btw. Thought the time to get in - missed kick off again - the time to get out, and the crap stands didn't equal £35. Maybe £5.

we managed to get between 2 coaches where they try and block you off. (you have to walk all the way round the coaches)

Ignored the ones with OB between them and barged through the one where there was a steward.

Back at the car and out of the gaff in 5 mins.

we managed to get between 2 coaches where they try and block you off. (you have to walk all the way round the coaches)

Ignored the ones with OB between them and barged through the one where there was a steward.

Alway ignore the polis me mind

Fuck in hell

Took us longer to get to Skipton after the match (20 miles) then it did before the match (90 miles). We did gan to Aldi for some wine though

Aye, thought the barriers they use for the derby games were OTT.....what was criac before ko ? took ages to get through turnstiles, missed ko !

Took us longer to get to Skipton after the match (20 miles) then it did before the match (90 miles). We did gan to Aldi for some wine though

opposite for us mate.

that A646 from Halifax was pants going- an hour to do 20 miles.

pissed it goin back. was in the local by 6.45pm.

Couldn't believe the amount of stewards in and out the ground. I went in with a couple of cans in my pockets and they stopped our lass to look in a little shoulder bag 8" x 8".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back