The Niall Quinn appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely devastated he's gone, but he is a true man of honour and I am and will always be eternally grateful for everything he has done for our club.

He's left the club in very capable hands and sitting in the top half of the table. A very successful project.

thank you so much Niall, ipswich at home in the promotion season was the day I decided my son would be called 'Niall' easily the best decision I have ever made in my life, LEGEND!

Probably seb earlier in this thread but his donation of his testimonial money to fund the childrens centre ( the Niall Quinn Childrens Centre) at Sunderland Hospital is up there with the best of his many achievements at our club/within our city.
Hats off to you big man,
& hope the future brings you the rewards you deserve.:lol:

Niall Quinn was a legend at this club for what he did as a player. The goals, the Phillips partnership, his testimonial donation. What he has done for us since returning absolutely defies belief. To take us from being a 15 point joke to an established Premier League side in 6 years is incredible. Words can't describe just what he means to this club and it's supporters.

There's a reason we call him Saint Niall, miracles do happen.

Absolute class act and I'm gutted he's gone.

All the best big man!

It's with gratitude, pride and no little sadness that I say we won't see his like again, at our club. They say that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone; I seriously hope that old cliche proves to be bollix.

Thanks for everything, Niall.

Thank you Sir Niall, Thank you.

"Sunderland just gets under your skin"

Not much to add that hasnt already been mentioned - a legend and one of footballs actual genuinely nice blokes

A complete legend on and off the pitch, I love the fella for what he has done to our club. I hope he has a great time with his Missus and bairns and his gee gee's.

Mag slayer and hero

Probably seb earlier in this thread but his donation of his testimonial money to fund the childrens centre ( the Niall Quinn Childrens Centre) at Sunderland Hospital is up there with the best of his many achievements at our club/within our city.
Hats off to you big man,
& hope the future brings you the rewards you deserve.:lol:

My son had to give a talk today on a person he admires and HE chose Niall Quinn ( he is 6 and born and bred in Aberdeen - mainly as I have showed him a photo of me getting a signed match ball presented by him after a Portsmouth game about 4 seasons ago - He is so humble but I feel honoured to have shaken the great man by the hand) so a fair coincidence!! I helped him write his talk and the Charitable donation obviously stands out but the bloke just has SAFC at heart and a heart of gold.

Know he wont read this...but..the consortium, making peace with Keane, twisting Shorts hand, the magic carpet speech, the working mens clerbs visits, header in the leazes end, wembley, the goals in the 4-1 Chelsea game (I watched that in some cinema offshore full of mags :)!), going in goal (against Bradford away?), too many things to list.

Thanks for the memories Niall and all you have done for us, taking us from laughing stock to a force to be reckoned with.

Niall Quinn - 34 Pages so far of fully deserved gratitude & I couldn't agree more on the sentiments.

All the best big fella.

Legend & Gentleman.

Thanks Niall for allowing us to dream again. You played for us, Captained us scored for us, managed and lead us. Where we are now and where we were when you came is testament to your love and committment to SAFC. Now you are just a fan like us, Thanks, LEGEND.

Last edited:
Legend and, just as important, a true gentleman.
I've supported the Lads since the early 60's and this man is the top man.
Thanks Niall for everything you have done for our club and where you leave it now.
May your pint of black stuff always be full.

"Everybody's building the big ships and boats
Some are building monuments, others jotting down notes
Everybody's in despair, every girl and boy
But when Quinn the Irishman gets here everybody's gonna jump for joy
Oh come all without, come all within
You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn
Come all without, come all within
You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back