The Mike Ashley conundrum

Status
Not open for further replies.

He promised he wouldn't leave until he'd won them a trophy or qualified for the Champions League iirc.

If that happens would the Mags really want to get rid of a man who's helped them to their first current major trophy, in over 60 years, or into the only meaningful European tournament ....... or would the protests all be forgotten and they'd want to build a statue of 'Wor Mike' outside of SJP?

They are a strange bunch. They have actively courted and now kept a manager who took over when they were out of the bottom three yet got them relegated.

He promised he wouldn't leave until he'd won them a trophy or qualified for the Champions League iirc.

If that happens would the Mags really want to get rid of a man who's helped them to their first current major trophy, in over 60 years, or into the only meaningful European tournament ....... or would the protests all be forgotten and they'd want to build a statue of 'Wor Mike' outside of SJP?

Nailed on to leave then in the 2017/18 season

Champions league is a least 3 years away...if they win a Cup & then win UEFA Cup...My money on the twats get nowt for May years to come

Champions league is a least 3 years away...if they win a Cup & then win UEFA Cup...My money on the twats get nowt for May years to come
See I think with a few additions we could push for the top ten quite easily, I even said maybe Europe in the next 5 years BUT I've stated to my mates that it's going to be hard work, the mags assume they're getting into Europe regardless. Imagine if we win something with Sam and they win nowt with Rafa :lol:

See I think with a few additions we could push for the top ten quite easily, I even said maybe Europe in the next 5 years BUT I've stated to my mates that it's going to be hard work, the mags assume they're getting into Europe regardless. Imagine if we win something with Sam and they win nowt with Rafa :lol:
Lock up the horses

Wonder if the championship,trophy counts ;)

Or league one ;)

:lol:

Why would he leave if we qualified for the Champions League (chortle) when there would be an even bigger payday in-store for him? He's a total bullshitter and anyone who believes his tripe must be lacking in one or three chromosomes.
I think Sheppard and hall did him over and it's taken till now for him to get any pleasure from.

Funny you should say that mate, that's what I was alluding to.

As he was saying it, on MOTD, I thought, 'You could be committing to a life sentence here.'

They were almost relegated last season and have spent a fortune to be in the same place this season.

The Champions League looks a little way off at the moment ;)

Only 2 seasons man, they have Rafa you know :D

:lol:

Why would he leave if we qualified for the Champions League (chortle) when there would be an even bigger payday in-store for him? He's a total bullshitter and anyone who believes his tripe must be lacking in one or three chromosomes.
Bullshitter as in promising money and the giving your team £80 m to spend.

They'll have to bury him under the centre spot.
Leave his arse sticking out so Jaffa has somewhere to park his bike.

They are a strange bunch. They have actively courted and now kept a manager who took over when they were out of the bottom three yet got them relegated.
There must be some kind of twisted logic at work here but I fail to see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back