The Mike Ashley conundrum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reiver

Winger
He promised he wouldn't leave until he'd won them a trophy or qualified for the Champions League iirc.

If that happens would the Mags really want to get rid of a man who's helped them to their first current major trophy, in over 60 years, or into the only meaningful European tournament ....... or would the protests all be forgotten and they'd want to build a statue of 'Wor Mike' outside of SJP?

It was a clever statement that you know.

Whether it was a threat or a promise is open to debate.

It was a clever statement that you know.

Whether it was a threat or a promise is open to debate.

Funny you should say that mate, that's what I was alluding to.

As he was saying it, on MOTD, I thought, 'You could be committing to a life sentence here.'

They were almost relegated last season and have spent a fortune to be in the same place this season.

The Champions League looks a little way off at the moment ;)

Funny you should say that mate, that's what I was alluding to.

As he was saying it, on MOTD, I thought, 'You could be committing to a life sentence here.'

They were almost relegated last season and have spent a fortune to be in the same place this season.

The Champions League looks a little way off at the moment ;)
"I'll be here until you like me".

Not sure where the mag fans go from here as he's invested in the footballing side of things.

I often browse The Mag on a sunday to cheer myself up. At the minute, they're whingeing because he hasn't bought them a striker and a central defender.

:lol:

Why would he leave if we qualified for the Champions League (chortle) when there would be an even bigger payday in-store for him? He's a total bullshitter and anyone who believes his tripe must be lacking in one or three chromosomes.

He promised he wouldn't leave until he'd won them a trophy or qualified for the Champions League iirc.

If that happens would the Mags really want to get rid of a man who's helped them to their first current major trophy, in over 60 years, or into the only meaningful European tournament ....... or would the protests all be forgotten and they'd want to build a statue of 'Wor Mike' outside of SJP?

They deserve each other.

Boastful, uncouth, deluded knacker.

Just thinking about Mike Ashley's trophy promise. I've come to the conclusion that he is an absolute genius - he employed a succession of managers who were guaranteed to get them relegated, simply to make it easier to win the Championship. He'll then be able to turn round and say that he's fulfilled yet another promise.

What a guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back