The Borini fee

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am confident he will be here by the end of the window. Probably on a permanent deal, loan if we can't iron out the issues holding the deal up....whatever they may be.

Poyet has addressed the situation and told us, no doubt in an attempt to stop the ridiculous whinging, that it's not to do with his desire to join but that it's something he "can't discuss". this suggests it's a legal/financial reason rather than a personal one.

Borini has not once said he doesn't want to come, which should speak volumes.....but plenty on here choose to ignore it. They'd rather take the view that it means he stringing us along, which is highly doubtful given his relationship with Gus and the distinct lack of other interest. I'm convinced some on here will actually be upset if he signs.

Time will tell. Looking forward to bumping a lot of posts who have said definitively he won't come.

Still confident it will happen like.It's frustrating though.

Frustrating for everyone involved i would imagine.

Vargas gone to QPR now officially so our eggs might be fully back in the Borini basket!

Expect disappointment.

This is what I'm talking about. People who have absolutely no idea pretending they do. Stating an opinion and referencing it as such is one thing, you keep making definitive comments, based on nowt.

I'm looking forward to bumping those if and when. Just so no one bothers to listen to you when you do the same in future.

I am confident he will be here by the end of the window. Probably on a permanent deal, loan if we can't iron out the issues holding the deal up....whatever they may be.

Poyet has addressed the situation and told us, no doubt in an attempt to stop the ridiculous whinging, that it's not to do with his desire to join but that it's something he "can't discuss". this suggests it's a legal/financial reason rather than a personal one.

Borini has not once said he doesn't want to come, which should speak volumes.....but plenty on here choose to ignore it. They'd rather take the view that it means he stringing us along, which is highly doubtful given his relationship with Gus and the distinct lack of other interest. I'm convinced some on here will actually be upset if he signs.

Time will tell. Looking forward to bumping a lot of posts who have said definitively he won't come.

Frustrating for everyone involved i would imagine.

Vargas gone to QPR now officially so our eggs might be fully back in the Borini basket!

He's said he wants to stay at Liverpool, which amounts to the same thing.

He's said he wants to stay at Liverpool, which amounts to the same thing.

When did he say that? You got some quotes handy?

Iirc, what actually happened was Di Fanti's mate made some spurious claims that Borini didn;t want to come and the only actual evidence produced were quotes which were out of date by months.

I cant believe Liverpool have payed £16.5million for Balotelli and have the nerve to ask us for £14million for Borini…nowhere near the standard of Balotelli but want £2.5million less

Id tell them were to stick there £14million and go elsewhere.....but not to Utd as Welbeck is nowhere near that value either and he is piss poor

I find it quite odd that we agree a fee and then remain happy for LFC to not sanction any move until they get a replacement. If we agree a fee then thats it, surely. If LFC don't want to sell until a replacement striker comes in then they shouldn't agree the fee,

More likely, I think its simply a case of Borini knowing that he's surplus to requirements and being prepared to move, but he'd rather go somewhere better than us if the offer came in. We bid early, and high, so that other clubs know what they need to do to get him. I think SAFCs strategy is that no other club will value Borini at 14m and we'll be the only offer on the table, giving Borini no choice but to come to us.
This is the way I see it like.

I don't think we have the money, I think we were probably hoping that a couple more of our unwanted players would have been sold to help finance the deal.

Genuinely hadn't seen those quotes before. They do say he'd "been told nothing" by Liverpool though and are superseded by the quotes from Poyet saying he does want to come.

Maybe he's been told in the meantime that he definitely won't feature at Liverpool?

Yeah, I'm not saying he does or he doesn't want to come. Neither he or his agent have said anything on the matter for about a month. As time passes, he will only fall further down the pecking order at Liverpool and if nobody else comes in for him, he won't have a lot of alternative options.

The fact that it was agreed almost a month ago suggests we probably could've negotiated it down a bit more. Rather than sitting around waiting for whatever is holding the deal back, surely the time would've been better spent negotiating the fee?!

The whole debacle has been farcical imo. If he doesn't sign in the next 24hrs something is seriously wrong with this deal.
Clearly from this post, your opinion is worthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back