The Borini fee

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's pretty simple, Liverpool sign another forward, we sign borini...
Exactly right mate, why would they let one striker go without replacing him. It wouldn't surprise me to see borini sign within days of ballotelli signing for Liverpool

The fact that it was agreed almost a month ago suggests we probably could've negotiated it down a bit more. Rather than sitting around waiting for whatever is holding the deal back, surely the time would've been better spent negotiating the fee?!

The whole debacle has been farcical imo. If he doesn't sign in the next 24hrs something is seriously wrong with this deal.

How much is it?

Exactly right mate, why would they let one striker go without replacing him. It wouldn't surprise me to see borini sign within days of ballotelli signing for Liverpool
It's crazy that people make it out anything other than what it is! Gus has already basically spelt it out for us!

I find it quite odd that we agree a fee and then remain happy for LFC to not sanction any move until they get a replacement. If we agree a fee then thats it, surely. If LFC don't want to sell until a replacement striker comes in then they shouldn't agree the fee,

More likely, I think its simply a case of Borini knowing that he's surplus to requirements and being prepared to move, but he'd rather go somewhere better than us if the offer came in. We bid early, and high, so that other clubs know what they need to do to get him. I think SAFCs strategy is that no other club will value Borini at 14m and we'll be the only offer on the table, giving Borini no choice but to come to us.

It's crazy that people make it out anything other than what it is! Gus has already basically spelt it out for us!

Yeah, I tend to believe that the message from Gus was from Fabio himself. Was a bit of a strange thing to say by Gus really.

We bid early, and high, so that other clubs know what they need to do to get him. I think SAFCs strategy is that no other club will value Borini at 14m and we'll be the only offer on the table, giving Borini no choice but to come to us.
It was failproof, however there was a small chance of him hanging out til the very last minute, humiliating the club and turning half the support into sopping wet fannies...

Just to add more farce to the farcical mess that this thread is but how much interest would you make on 14 million in a month ? Looks like we're not paying 14 after all...

The fact that it was agreed almost a month ago suggests we probably could've negotiated it down a bit more. Rather than sitting around waiting for whatever is holding the deal back, surely the time would've been better spent negotiating the fee?!

The whole debacle has been farcical imo. If he doesn't sign in the next 24hrs something is seriously wrong with this deal.
Eh?

Borini not coming to Sunderland.
Try hard to concentrate on the hidden meaning in that phrase.
:)

I find it quite odd that we agree a fee and then remain happy for LFC to not sanction any move until they get a replacement. If we agree a fee then thats it, surely. If LFC don't want to sell until a replacement striker comes in then they shouldn't agree the fee,

More likely, I think its simply a case of Borini knowing that he's surplus to requirements and being prepared to move, but he'd rather go somewhere better than us if the offer came in. We bid early, and high, so that other clubs know what they need to do to get him. I think SAFCs strategy is that no other club will value Borini at 14m and we'll be the only offer on the table, giving Borini no choice but to come to us.

Tbh just after the fee was agreed Lallana got injured and Suarez fucked off so may have changed things, Liverpool may have felt they needed to keep him for a bit longer.

Not that I think he wants to come anyway & don't expect him to sign.

My theory, Liverpool agree fee with us for borini on the assumption they get a replacement in first , how does that sound ?
In the mean time borini keeps his trap shut , trains with Liverpool and gets his golden handshake .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back