The Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised at that,mind. When he came back it was understood he would have total control....he wouldn't have another Shevchenko situation with Abramovich.

I think it was Ray Wilkins who said this. He might be off the mark but it's a strange transfer, there's no value in Chelsea selling Cech to a value, something they don't do. He even loans players out to clubs which could hurt opponents, I think he intimated this when he sent Lukaku to Everton on loan

I think it was Ray Wilkins who said this. He might be off the mark but it's a strange transfer, there's no value in Chelsea selling Cech to a value, something they don't do. He even loans players out to clubs which could hurt opponents, I think he intimated this when he sent Lukaku to Everton on loan

I agree,it is a strange one.Might just be he considers Cech past his very best and it isn't going to hurt his squad to lose him. He's getting decent money and even if it's to Arsenal,may take the view it's not going to make any material differences to their capacity to challenge.

There are too many top clubs with financial power in the Prem now for this to happen.
It's not all about spending power. Jose Mourinho knows how to win a league.

Look at Manchester United when Fergie was in charge. He didn't spend the most money or even have the best players at times.

I hope I'm proven wrong because it's good for other teams to win the league.

It's not all about spending power. Jose Mourinho knows how to win a league.

Look at Manchester United when Fergie was in charge. He didn't spend the most money or even have the best players at times.

I hope I'm proven wrong because it's good for other teams to win the league.

It is about spending power but I agree a good manager can make the difference between 1st and 2nd however I don't think he can do it twice in a row.

When Ferguson did it there were fewer clubs with Man Us spending power.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back