*~*~* Sunderland v Bristol City match thread *~*~*

Your not getting what I’m saying if you bring him on as sub then he gets injured again your having to use two subs it’s better to start then if he goes off it’s only 1
why would you risk him in the first place when our season is done?

he is one of the best defenders at the club but struggles with fitness and needs to train and stregthen,

if we start with hjelde and he gets injured, you put styles there and vice versa, and your better players are ready for next season with a reduced risk of injury

why would you risk him in the first place when our season is done?

he is one of the best defenders at the club but struggles with fitness and needs to train and stregthen,

if we start with hjelde and he gets injured, you put styles there and vice versa, and your better players are ready for next season with a reduced risk of injury
They need to look at the coaching next year like wouldn’t suprise me if we didn’t have anyone dedicated to fitness and so after reading man Utd don’t

I thought we played OK today and were unlucky not to get all 3 points. Some great saves from their goalkeeper and generally much improved from Monday.

First half was a lot better, 2nd half not so much and we ran out of ideas. This was the type of game an Amad Diallo wins you 1-0 with a moment of magic, Jack Clarke aside, not many have it in their locker in this group unfortunately. Clarke was brilliant mind.

I thought we played OK today and were unlucky not to get all 3 points. Some great saves from their goalkeeper and generally much improved from Monday.

First half was a lot better, 2nd half not so much and we ran out of ideas. This was the type of game an Amad Diallo wins you 1-0 with a moment of magic, Jack Clarke aside, not many have it in their locker in this group unfortunately. Clarke was brilliant mind.
To be fair Dack has also missed a sitter. A free header at the far post about six yards out. Text book he could bury that in either bottom corner. Instead he's stooped under the ball and headed it up!

Very poor technique and a bad miss.

I never saw the game or heard it but I am not disheartened by the draw. The Championship is a hard league. It is a tough league. It's difficult to become a competitive club overnight. It is hard to suddenly start going toe to toe with the best of them weekly. It may not happen in one year. But it might in two. It may not happen in two years. But it might in three. Only time will tell.

To be fair Dack has also missed a sitter. A free header at the far post about six yards out. Text book he could bury that in either bottom corner. Instead he's stooped under the ball and headed it up!

Very poor technique and a bad miss.
To what we are used to with Hemir and Burstow not being within 10 yards of the cross i thought Dack was unlucky. Bullet header beating the keeper and hitting the underside of the bar, if it was ½an inch lower or maybe fractionally less powerful it would have come down across the line.
"Very poor technique" is harsh. I thought Aouchiche in the first half was much more of a culprit in front of goal.

Last edited:
To what we are used to with Hemir and Burstow not being within 10 yards of the cross i thought Dack was unlucky. Bullet header beating the keeper and hitting the underside of the bar, if it was ½an inch lower or maybe fractionally less powerful it would have come down across the line.
"Very poor technique" is harsh. I thought Aouchiche in the first half was much more of a culprit in front of goal.
It's simply awful technique, school boy stuff. If you can you must head the ball down as an attacker. It makes it far harder for the keeper to make save.

If he'd headed it in a straight line he scores! As it was he headed it up. It was poor.

I agree Adil's miss first half was very poor too. Keeper to beat and he scuffs it 2 yards wide. Rotten.

It's simply awful technique, school boy stuff. If you can you must head the ball down as an attacker. It makes it far harder for the keeper to make save.

If he'd headed it in a straight line he scores! As it was he headed it up. It was poor.

I agree Adil's miss first half was very poor too. Keeper to beat and he scuffs it 2 yards wide. Rotten.
It's a diving header in blustery conditions from a back header! The flight of the ball is probably being affected by the wind and yet he manages to get so much contact on it that the keeper isn't even able to react other than to go for the rebound from the underside of the bar. It is literally 2 or 3cms from being a great goal.
Dack is far from being a great player and would not be in my usual starting 11, but on this occasion he showed intelligence, commitment and was unlucky. Some of our usual attacking options wouldn't even have touched the ball. I think you are letting your opinion of him cloud your judgement on this occasion.

It's a diving header in blustery conditions from a back header! The flight of the ball is probably being affected by the wind and yet he manages to get so much contact on it that the keeper isn't even able to react other than to go for the rebound from the underside of the bar. It is literally 2 or 3cms from being a great goal.
Dack is far from being a great player and would not be in my usual starting 11, but on this occasion he showed intelligence, commitment and was unlucky. Some of our usual attacking options wouldn't even have touched the ball. I think you are letting your opinion of him cloud your judgement on this occasion.
I think you're being a little kind. It was a deflected cross so a lot of the pace was took off it. It's similar to a volley for me, I would prefer to blast it into the ground and it balloon up than put it over the bar. You still have a chance of scoring with the former.

If Dack heads in down and it balloons up he still has a chance of scoring. Heading it up isn't a good option at all.

I think Dack is finished at our level in truth. I was happy to give him a chance but he's just not sharp or fit enough. I didn't have any preconceptions before he arrived. It's my judgement based on his performances here.

Back