*~*~* Sunderland v Blackburn Rovers match thread *~*~*

Case to be made that both O'Nein and Dan Neil put in their worst performance in a Sunderland shirt today. If them two in particular are doing that then it's a pretty big sign the result's not gonna be great.

Incredible performance from top to bottom. Owned and ran by complete kernts who could not give a fuck apart from trying to penny pinch

Howling with laughter as to just how utterly shit they really are

Frankly he’s garbage and should be nowhere near a professional football club
He's a youth team coach with crap tactical ability. Considering how poor our defence was first half and how pointless Roberts was, dodds starts same line up and formation in the second half. I looked at his reaction when the third went in - he was livid with the players.:D The arsehole coach who hadn't changed a thing was surprised we conceded again. Terrible coach and harming the club keeping him employed anywhere near the first team.

Difference from Friday to now is mental.

Our support was shite though. Never made a sound from the first minute. Our kid prefers away games and I can see why. Should have been with them from the start, especially coming off a win. Doesn’t excuse what happened on the pitch but first 10-15 we did ok and we should have been right behind them, then it all went wrong. I don’t blame people for leaving but equally don’t moan at people who stay till the end and applaud those who did put in an effort, few though they may be.

Again, it all broke down in midfield. Neil had a stinker, Ekwah needs to be marshalled non-stop to get the best out of him. Roberts is about 10% match fit, God knows how he started.
Thought Styles was decent enought but no options going forward. Hume keeps going missing at right back and dragging the CH's over to cover but he's a good attacking option.
Then as soon as it got to midfield, stupid mistakes and dallying on the ball and they're running forward en masse with a stretched defence.
Styles was rank second half like. Played in front of where I sit. Tried multiple times to dribble past opposition then was amazed they tackled him. Caught on his heels for at least 2 goals. He was equally as shite as the rest of them.

Our support was shite though. Never made a sound from the first minute. Our kid prefers away games and I can see why. Should have been with them from the start, especially coming off a win. Doesn’t excuse what happened on the pitch but first 10-15 we did ok and we should have been right behind them, then it all went wrong. I don’t blame people for leaving but equally don’t moan at people who stay till the end and applaud those who did put in an effort, few though they may be.
Today, as usual is not the supporters fault

Didn’t say it was the supporters at fault did it? Atmosphere at the ground has been poor all season though, and I don’t think it helps at all. Today was particularly bad.

Just seen the highlights, my honest opinion was your defence was shambolic and played like strangers , everything BB hit nearly went in , and tbh it was like watching Stoke but a freak result and onwards and upwards for you kids 👍👏

I blame the supporters, who turn up on a shite day. We dont expect to to see a team of Harry Kane s or kevin de Bruyne s, but we do expect players who pull on the shirt to actually give a sh1t and at least look like they are arsed, Starting eleven today were embarrassing

Back