*~*~* Sunderland v Blackburn Rovers match thread *~*~*

The most disgraceful thing about today was the blatant lack of effort. Blackburn were nowt special and it felt like we just rolled over and let them win.
That was the honest opinion of the Rovers exile who travelled down with us..reckons we just had a "bad day"..very diplomatic lad.

I appreciate thousands go week in week out but it was also International Fans Weekend, so many took holidays & travelled considerable distances to watch that debacle

Tactics and shape of the team absolutely shocking again who’s telling Hume to go over the other side of the pitch and play left back Dan Neil was doing the same throughout the game , the shape of the team was absolutely all over the shop styles was going into midfield as was Hume then you had Ekwah back with the centre backs getting the ball off them can they not pass the ball 5 yards themselves like ?? it just leaves you short in midfield even on the goal why is Dan Neil in his own corner getting a throw in ??? he should be in the midfield ! Surely a centre back is capable if they need to throw it to someone !!! It’s like he’s telling them you have no positions just interchange where ever you like it’s ridiculous!!! I don’t believe for one minute the players are doing this by choice there is far too much focus on possession and pissing about with the ball around our own area, another thing they aren’t getting the ball out wide now either they are trying to thread the ball through crowds of players centrally obv another thing the master trainer Dodds has been working on. I’m reserving judgement on some of these players until this f***ing gormless coach has gone.

First time I have had a chance to say something about the game. I was not there and I have not seen anything of it. I got updates on my Apple Watch. It must have been a truly terrible game. A lads fan whop came in to the store after the game told me about it. But we are what we are. I am not apologising for KLD or Speakman. But I am just saying this is how it was meant to be for us. We gave the Championship a good go. We tried really hard. Especially last season. But sadly success again has eluded us. It clearly is on the cards that we are just not meant to be a club/team of winners. Will I ever see us do well in my life? No. But at least I will see us try and try real hard. That is the least you should expect.

Back