Sunderland fan cycling 2000km from Italy to Sunderland to raise funds for sick little girl. Help nee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wants to get over £2000 by the time he reaches the San Gottardo pass.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=664555550306699

If we can raise a grand for some banner, 2500 for flowers then I honestly can't understand why we can't raise this target for a bloke, riding on his own, with only a f**k off great Sunderland flag for company.

To donate
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/road-to-stadium-of-light-ride-for-nina#/story
I'm really quite shocked by this to be honest. When it comes to asking for support and donations, it's always done more in hope than expectation. Considering how well we've responded in the past I'm struggling to figure out the lack of reaction to this.

I'm really quite shocked by this to be honest. When it comes to asking for support and donations, it's always done more in hope than expectation. Considering how well we've responded in the past I'm struggling to figure out the lack of reaction to this.
I think the other fundraisers just kind of sparked into something really big. An event happened and everyone piled in. This is different because it's planned? Or can't be related to, as easily?

I think the other fundraisers just kind of sparked into something really big. An event happened and everyone piled in. This is different because it's planned? Or can't be related to, as easily?

Maybe a personal appeal by Enrico would mean more to everyone and the mods could sticky his post?

He must have access to Internet with his phone surely?

Come on Enrico! Give us a shout!

You could be right, but why the others took off and this one hasn't has me baffled. I understand the element of spontaneity in the banner, and the flowers, but this has to be equally as worthy. This lad is peddling best part of the way across Europe to raise funds for a young child, he's Sunderland daft, and he's Italian. I wonder if our local media know about this? Maybe they could help raise the profile a bit. I just a bit surprised it hasn't taken off the way I thought it would when I first heard about it weeks ago.

I emailed the club over the weekend and received a reply this morning.
The gist of it is that ........

"I have been in close contact with Enrico ahead of his big challenge and we are providing him with a warm welcome when he arrives at the Norwich City game. Enrico runs an official supporter branch and he visits the club for a number of home games through the season, we really appreciate his support.
We have promoted Enrico’s challenge online already, I will see if we can give him another mention on the website and social media pages"

http://www.safc.com/news/club-news/2015/july/enrico-bike-ride

So really it is down to SMB'ers to spread the word.

I emailed the club over the weekend and received a reply this morning.
The gist of it is that ........

"I have been in close contact with Enrico ahead of his big challenge and we are providing him with a warm welcome when he arrives at the Norwich City game. Enrico runs an official supporter branch and he visits the club for a number of home games through the season, we really appreciate his support.
We have promoted Enrico’s challenge online already, I will see if we can give him another mention on the website and social media pages"

http://www.safc.com/news/club-news/2015/july/enrico-bike-ride

So really it is down to SMB'ers to spread the word.

I have just had a similar reply from the club.

Haway lads and lasses, spread the word about the lad and his mission.

Why can't someone start a new thread with the title making it very clear that it's about donating to a good cause and then ask an obliging mod to merge both under the new thread title?

Why can't someone start a new thread with the title making it very clear that it's about donating to a good cause and then ask an obliging mod to merge both under the new thread title?
I agree. Maybe if the title high lighted that help was needed to raise funds for a four year old girl it would maybe get a better response. I think it would be be best if @Madmartigan did it. After all he posted the thread back at the end of June.

Yep, I suggested this back on Saturday - who are the mods anyway? Get them @ linked
I don't know who the Mods are mate, I've never needed to find out, but hopefully someone can get it done.

Just had a brief conversation earlier with Enrico.
Said it's hard work but he is very motivated.
In Fluelen Switzerland having a beer. Sent a picture looks amazing there. I don't know how to post pictures on here.
Onto Basel tomorrow.
Chuffed with the £2000.

Just had a brief conversation earlier with Enrico.
Said it's hard work but he is very motivated.
In Fluelen Switzerland having a beer. Sent a picture looks amazing there. I don't know how to post pictures on here.
Onto Basel tomorrow.
Chuffed with the £2000.

Went through Switzerland on my hols, it is amazing as you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back