Styles

Is it you who's paying? I don't get posts like this. It doesn't matter what he costs from a fans perspective.
Eh? I understand that the club needs to work within a budget each season. What I am trying to say is that if we have a budget of £3million on new players, then I wouldn't spend £1.5m of it on Styles.....however if we could get him for around £350k then I think it would be good business.

What is hard to understand about that? You must be one of those deluded fans that think we can spend whatever teams and agents want as "it is not my money".... pathetic!

Not really as neither are really good enough and we would actually have to pay for styles while Embleton is already ours
Good point I forget sometimes that we would consider the finances more than ever. So I guess it becomes a mathematical equation over cost per minute per player which will likely be the deciding factor! Both are good enough to plod on mid to low table but not to push on.

Eh? I understand that the club needs to work within a budget each season. What I am trying to say is that if we have a budget of £3million on new players, then I wouldn't spend £1.5m of it on Styles.....however if we could get him for around £350k then I think it would be good business.

What is hard to understand about that? You must be one of those deluded fans that think we can spend whatever teams and agents want as "it is not my money".... pathetic!

No im not.
I'm a fan. The money side has absolutely no say n it.
You're the deluded one. You think you are a club accountant.
Hand job mafia getting moist over a lg1 player that's 95% shite and played well against 10 men..

If styles Is the answer ,(or indicative of the limits of our ambition) ...were asking the wrong questions

Lessons have to be learned otherwise well keep regressing

Absolutley this.

Styles would be nowhere near the first team if we had players who could be relied on to not miss half the season injured.
He's nowhere near the standard required for a team with promotion ambitions

M'Villa on a free would have been ideal, exactly the player we needed, free, wanted to come here and didn't want daft wages. By all accounts doing the business for West Brom as well. But no Speakman is a stubborn moron who doesn't act with logic but thinks he's playing footy manager.
He’s hardly played. I think it’s 1 start

I wouldn't waste your energy mate, it's really not worth it. You more likely to get contact from alien life form than some kind of sensible response from him.

No im not.
I'm a fan. The money side has absolutely no say n it.
You're the deluded one. You think you are a club accountant.

Absolutley this.
I get that fans want to look for positives anywhere they can find them
... but give the very finite resources we obviously have and the many misteps we made last season we have got to do better... in a bizzare way styles has done us a favour.. hes already shown that he's not up to the Championship and one 46 minute spell again 10 men won't cut the mustard. Even I'd the price is a knock down 200k it would be still too much when you consider the agent fees wages length of contract etc.

Last edited:
I get that fans want to look for positives anywhere they can find them
... but give the very finite resources we obviously have and the many misteps we made last season we have got to do better... in a bizzare way styles has done us a favour.. hes already shown that he's not up to the Championship and one 46 minute spell again 10 men won't cut the mustard. Even I'd the price is a knock down 200k it would be still too much when you consider the agent fees wages length of contract etc.

The club won't see it like this.
They will look on him as a utility player who can be shoehorned into a position which saves them money.

He will be our player next year without a doubt based on that.

Back