stronger squad but have we improved our first XI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poolie

Midfield
Van Aanholt or Alonso?
Rodwell or Ki?
Alvarez or Borini?

those to me seem the like for likes.

I think out of 10 this transfer window has been an 8. We have spent very little on transfer fees but we have done very well to have brought in the 9 players that have set us back 14m. I just think we fell just short when we could of done with one quality forward and maybe are a defender short.

as for the question I aint sure we have but saying that I cannot comment on Alvarez as I have only seen about 5minutes of him

Get that money ready for January Ellis

The summer window will live and die on the performance of the high profile signings. If Rodwell and Alvarez perform well for us then this summer will ultimately have been a success.

Know nothing about the two signings today - they may succeed; they may not.
Rodwell has been deeply disappointing so far, but he may eventually succeed. We don't know.
No Borini or a replacement.
On balance I judge us worse.

I think we'll have a motivated squad of players that can keep us in the games we play. But without a Borini-esque wide man who can score goals instinctively (e.g. West Brom at home last season), we may struggle to score regularly.

The midfield will need to chip in as the only player who can both get into the box regularly and finish well at the moment is Johnson. Poyet will need to get them bombing forward, a fully fit Rodwell will be a big help.

Van Aanholt or Alonso?
Rodwell or Ki?
Alvarez or Borini?

I think out of 10 this transfer window has been an 8. We have spent very little on transfer fees but we have done very well to have brought in the 9 players that have set us back 14m. I just think we fell just short when we could of done with one quality forward and maybe are a defender short.

as for the question I aint sure we have but saying that I cannot comment on Alvarez as I have only seen about 5minutes of him

It's been a very decent window. The squad is stronger and we have done this year what we failed to do last year - we have primarily brought in signings with Premier League experience.

It's been a very decent window. The squad is stronger and we have done this year what we failed to do last year - we have primarily brought in signings with Premier League experience.
Most of them have experience of being pretty poor in the premier league! Still a step up on most last year.

Van Aanholt or Alonso?
Rodwell or Ki?
Alvarez or Borini?

Weaker team and squad with sections of support who don't trust the people in charge of the club

alonso and van aanholt about the same
Ki is better than rodwell for our system
colback is better than gomez sadly
pantilimon is better than westwood
coates and cuellar about the same, both shite

Squad is stronger first 11 weaker

I think yes and like this team more than last years for sure.

We're up shit creek if we have a few injuries, especially at the back, first 11 is probably no different tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back