Stone Roses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Price of gig tickets at the moment is a piss-take.

Radiohead are another one. 80 quid this time round, paid £42 to see them in 2008 at Old Trafford cricket ground and £33 to see them in 2003 at the MEN Arena.
I'd argue that paying £50 to a football game is far worse

Generally these large gigs are something you do once a year.

easy option is don't pay it. plenty of great bands at small venues.

I didn't. I couldn't really afford it, despite wanting to go :neutral:

I'd argue that paying £50 to a football game is far worse

Generally these large gigs are something you do once a year.

£50 a footy ticket is worse, agreed. Doesn't make it right though.

Radiohead in an arena on a Tuesday night isn't what I would describe as a large gig.

Would love to see them play a small venue. big venues are utterly terrible.

Same here would love a gig at the 02 the problem is they still have fans who are willing to pay the prices that they are charging to see them
In the big Venus, plus it would be very hard to get a ticket for a small venue.

Ignore it, just looked at that's the Wembley/Hampden prices

Now you've said that I've just looked and by the looks of things Hampden is no where near sold out only the standing tickets that aren't available.

They're really killing their own legend.

I used to rate their first album as the best of all time when i was in my late teens and early 20s. But as time passes I've came to realise that although it's still great, the fact that most fans only like 50% of their albums renders them nowhere near the all time greats.

They're turning into a one of the nostalgia acts that ceaselessly tour to keep the money coming in, like Madness, The Who, The Rolling Stones.
The only difference is that the stone roses only have about 20 decent songs to choose from.
Second Coming has a few decent moments but if it was put out by another band it was just be regarded as a half decent album from the 90s.

The mystique around them was key to what kept them interesting to people for years after they'd packed in.
Now they're just a band of middle aged blokes playing to middle aged blokes in bucket hats.
I really loved the band, but as every year of gigs passes I lose a bit of respect and their status diminishes.

They need to shite or get off the pot.

Always laugh at people talking them up as one of the greats. Like you I loved them as a young un but in reality they made one very good album, a hit and miss follow up and that's it. That's nowhere near enough to qualify as one of the best ever.

Price of gig tickets at the moment is a piss-take.

Radiohead are another one. 80 quid this time round, paid £42 to see them in 2008 at Old Trafford cricket ground and £33 to see them in 2003 at the MEN Arena.

That Old Trafford gig is the best I've ever ever been to. The supports were superb as well.

Last edited:
It always seems they announce the new Gigs weeks just before Christmas, I think they did the same with Heaton Park. I reckon they are targetting the over 40's woman who have not got their stuck in the 90's husband a pressie yet.

I saw them once in 1995 at Sheffield. They were good but even then it seemed like it wasn't as authentic as when they first surfaced.

I have seen Ian brown about 10 years ago and I spent most of the time at the bar.

Even my mate who went to the 3rd coming gigs said that a lot of the crowd were annoying piss heads who had never grown up.

Still, if it makes people happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back